East Coast USA by Railway

kenobi65

First Post
HeavenShallBurn said:
My brother works for Norfolk Southern and according to him they always give priority to their trains over anybody else on the line. Below that to freight above passenger because passenger trains don't pay as much for track time or generate as much revenue to create an uproar over if they're too late.

Ayup. That's one of Amtrak's biggest problems in areas where they don't own the tracks. IIRC, they own the tracks in the Northeast Corridor, which is one big reason why those trains run a lot more efficiently than in the rest of the country.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
Do you know your night stops? That would help on recommending housing. (For example, in NYC there are some good hostels, according to a friend of mine.) We're not in a position to host folks, however if you pass through Hartford CT and have time, I would be happy to show you folks a good place for lunch!

Well, for now we've booked a holiday to the Dominican Republic instead - but thank you for all the offers of help / lunch!

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Tallarn said:
Well, for now we've booked a holiday to the Dominican Republic instead - but thank you for all the offers of help / lunch!

LOL - more than half my neighbors in the building here in NYC are from the DR! :D

I was going to say - hey go to NY and you'll see everything the DR has to offer - just no sun, or beach, or tropical getaways...But the Dominicans are all over the place. :D

Remove ads