• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ebberron - Dragon magazine preview

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

I really like dinosaurs. I think they are very cool, and I use them in various areas of my campaigns. I will wait and see how Ebberon integrates them. Who knows? It might be fine, or it might be lame. We'll just have to wait until it actually comes out so that we can actually *see* what the world is like, rather than base our assumptions off of speculation and rumour.

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

nopantsyet

First Post
barsoomcore said:
Goshdarnit, it's time some traditions were overthrown! We can't live in the past forever! It's time for people all over the world to rise up and insist on their God-given right to have folk riding domesticated dinosaurs! Now! Before it's too late!

Who's with me?

There's so much talk about purism in fantasy role-playing, and I'm taking a stand.

I'm fine with just about anything they can think of as long as there's a cohesive sense of a world there. I read lots of books that don't conform to my preconceived notions of what "fantasy" is, so why should I insist on that in gaming, which by nature is more dynamic?

It's time to butcher the sacred cows and grill up some burgers.

rounser said:

You're right - I've been so blind. Even the D&D movie would have been salvageable if it had had rampaging dinosaurs in every scene.

If real dinosaurs ate Courtney Solomon (and the Wayans brother) I would have gone to see the movie at least 5 times, and bought the DVD.

BTW, if the DVD actually contains the scene mentioned above please tell me - I have cash burning a hole in my pocket with it's name on it.

rounser

First Post
It's time to butcher the sacred cows and grill up some burgers.
That gives me an idea...

"Flumphburger" has a nice ring to it, and they're the right shape. One could have Flumphburger outlets in a whimsical, Wilderlands or Hackmaster type setting, even.

Think of the moral dilemmas for paladins when they struggle between the thought of chowing down on a juicy flumphburger and the idea of eating a slaughtered sentient lawful good critter.

Last edited:

s/LaSH

First Post
Maybe I should make my own game truer to medieval history... I'll ban plate armour and the wheel, introduce gunpowder and napalm, and have ships as big as aircraft carriers. That should make it better.

OK, it's a distorted view of history, but it's accurate.

Translation: I don't have a problem with Eberron, just so long as it turns out cool in the end. Thing is, it hasn't turned out yet, and there is no end that anybody can see with sufficient resolution.

I wonder if it'll be closer to real history than regular D&D? That could be fun.

And as an addendum: I don't want to play in the Forgotten Realms, so don't try to convince me that I do, and don't try to convince Wizards to remake the Realms without the Realms logo on it.

Same old vitriol I spat out last time I was on the boards, really.

EDIT: And dinosaurs are second in coolness only to dragons, which are just like dinosaurs only with fire and stuff. Am I right?

Last edited:

Remove ads