• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron - player introduction [solved & closed]

Sidekick

First Post
Hello there fellow En-worlders.

I have a small problem. I'm DMing an Eberron campaign. Only problem is is that three of my players don't own the ECS. NOw usually that isn't a problem, and frankly I'm glad that they don;t know all of Khorvaire's dirty little secrets.

However two of them still draw a blank about things such as 'The Mournland' and the great House's (eg. House Who, so what?).

So I was wondering if anyone here had created a short (10-20 page) intorductory document for thier players. You know outline the nations, Dragonmarked houses, Khorvaire vs Xend'rix. Major religions that sort of thing.

If you do I'd be most appreciative if you could e-mail me at creetbee@yahoo.com with your document.

I know it sounds lazy but we've been going for about two months (1/week) and I'm still spending all my prep time on the adventures & don;t have the time for wider-scope docs.

many thanks in advance.

Sidekick

Last edited:

Danip

First Post
Player's Guide to Eberron

The campaign setting text has tons of 'secrets' strewn throughout the book. I don't see how a DM running a campaign straight from the text could let his players read it. Yet without a good book to cozy up to and do their homework, players tend to use their 'generic D&D world' assumptions.

In January 'The Player's Guide to Eberron' is coming out. Check out the WOTC site

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/eberron/953680000

Which I suppose is a 'cleaned-up' version of the setting without the secret bits.

Sidekick

First Post
Yeah. One of my players is DM, he's got the ECS but he's good at keeping mum (hell he's DM'ed SotLW which we're playing at the mo).

I can't wait for the Player guide - I'll be gettgin it and chances are at least two, probably three of the players will be too.

comareddin - thanks for that mate, I'll go look at that now.

PK - OF COURSE, why didn't I think of that? thats as well.

Volaran

First Post
The Eberron novel City of Towers contains an excellent 20 page introduction to the world of Eberron that I've used to get several players familiar with the workings of my campaign.

Sidekick

First Post
comareddin many thanks. I've used your document that you sent me, along with another some-one else kindly sent me to create a 15-page, who's who & what's what.

many thanks all, now hopefully my pplayers won't look at me blankly when I talk about the Mournland.

Eg - they've just entered the mist - but before leaving Sharn (SotLW) they didnt even try to get any magical help or even inestigate what the effects of the Mournland are.

hehehe, No healing and I've also used FR's wild magic table to make things, well nice and spicy!

cheers all.

Sidekick

FoxWander

Adventurer
Sidekick said:
comareddin many thanks. I've used your document that you sent me, along with another some-one else kindly sent me to create a 15-page, who's who & what's what.

Hey Sidekick, I'm gearing up to run an Eberron game with a bunch that have no idea what Eberron is also. Those docs sound like they would really come in handy. Could you please send me a copy? Email is Foxwander at Hotmail.com.

Remove ads