Eberron: Tentaclehead dinosaur!

Vrylakos

First Post
So, there was a picture in some promo material of an interesting dinosaur with a tentaclehead. I think halflings were on it.

In short, I loved that picture. It actually made me want to play a halfling, which is saying something.

Flipping through the book at Barnes and Noble, I did not see the picture.

So, where is my beloved tentacle head dinosaur?

Vrylakos

Angcuru

First Post
I looked it over, and I swear that WotC must have been on acid when they selected this one as the contest winner. A few interesting creatures and ideas, but overall mediocre at best. :p

Knight Otu

First Post
I suspect it was cut for space reasons. If I were to bet, I'd put my money on that 2005 they'll release a book named Monsters of Eberron.
There is also the potential that it appears in the MMIII, but I'd put no money on that.
However, Keith Baker, over at the WotC boards, might have a better answer (provided it is not covered by an NDA).

teitan

Legend
Angcuru said:
I looked it over, and I swear that WotC must have been on acid when they selected this one as the contest winner. A few interesting creatures and ideas, but overall mediocre at best. :p

I sure am glad that they didn't pick the contest winner while tripping on acid myself and I am glad that Eberron got that open call thing, because if it won a contest man, those WOTC staffers and their acid...

Jason

Hawkshere

First Post
You're talking about this pic here, right? As you can see, the halflings are on their usual dino steed in a seperate frame from the tenticular beast. Which is also being ridden, but it is not clear to me that the rider is halfling. That rider has a more Inspired-race look to it, but it's hard to tell. I'm not sure Hellcow ever positively ID'ed that picture.

Last edited:

Hellcow

Adventurer
Hawkshere said:
That rider has a more Inspired-race look to it, but it's hard to tell. I'm not sure Hellcow ever positively ID'ed that picture.
Good eye, Hawkshere. That is one of the Inspired. Look for this critter when more information is released about Sarlona.

Vrylakos

First Post
Oh, well cool. Guess it's not a dinosaur, but when I first saw it, the Inspired weren't even known.

Well, poop! So much for the Cthulhusaur Riders of the Talenta...

Vrylakos

Remove ads