ECL adjustment for two extra arms?

Acmite

First Post
Is there anything offcial on the ECL adjustment necessary for a creature with two extra arms?

The two extra limbs would be quite weak.

Would that even qualify as +1 ECL? I wouldn't think so, providing the character wouldn't be able to use Multiattack, Multidexterity and Multiple Weapon Fighting (or whatever the TWF analog is called).

Does anyone have the link to Soldarin's ECL calculator handy?

Artoomis

First Post
If the extra two arms have no game effect, what's the point? In that case, though, there would be no ECL adjustment.

For ECL adjustments, you need to look at what the game effect of the extra two arms is going to be.

Crothian

First Post
I don't think it's exactly that simple. What creature would you add the arms to and what would the specific game effects be? Why couldn't a charcter with four arms take those feats?

Crothian

First Post
WEak still doesn't mean you couln't take those freats. Even a character with a 3 strength can weld a dagger for instance.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
WEak still doesn't mean you couln't take those freats.

It seems to me that he is going for a result similar to Alter Self, or maybe even Fearsome Grapple (WotC website), or perhaps the arms are only useable for skills and such, just not attack forms.

Last edited:

Artoomis

First Post
Crothian said:
WEak still doesn't mean you couln't take those freats. Even a character with a 3 strength can weld a dagger for instance.

Well, the original proposal was:
...providing the character wouldn't be able to use Multiattack, Multidexterity and Multiple Weapon Fighting (or whatever the TWF analog is called).

So it's a bit silly to discuss whether the feats can be taken or not - the assumption (for this discussion) is they cannot.

Presumably they can be used for other things, so the question of what game effect the extra two limbs might have is still an open one.

Acmite

First Post
Artoomis said:

Well, the original proposal was:

So it's a bit silly to discuss whether the feats can be taken or not - the assumption (for this discussion) is they cannot.

Presumably they can be used for other things, so the question of what game effect the extra two limbs might have is still an open one.

The character is not mine. I'm really not sure why he wants the extra arms. It's for a space campaign using d20 modern that's starting up in January.

Based on the concept I've seen, the arms will be used for tool manipulation, mundane tasks, etc but not for combat. The DM has said there will be no ECL characters allowed, hence the requirement that they not be combat useable. If this PC could have four space-age weapons, that would be much better than any of the other characters or monsters he would encounter.

Remove ads