• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ECL Races

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sanackranib said:
I think that ECL +1 can definately be worth it. no one in my group has played higher then that with 1 exception of the player who Played a Pevishan (ECL+2) briefly.

In our next game we are starting at level 5. and I intend to play a 1/2 merrow (aquatic ogre) fighter. I will have a lower BAB and 3 fewer feats (4 if another fighter is human) but it allows me to play somthing new. I have played this game for almost 24 years now so somthing new is definately attractive to me. I was just curious if others felt the level(s)
hit was worth it. I guess the responce was about what I expected. worth it to some and not worth it to others.

If you wanted to get something equal to half ogre, go with a Ratman. :) I know they worked for me. (As DM, not sure as a player.) Another option might be Mantacori(sp). If you need their specs, email me my scribe.

Sanackranib

First Post
our game was going to be the DM's homebrew and was going to have a priate flair so I wanted an amphibious race. I was looking at the half merefoke and 1/2 merrow and actually had character concepts for both, but in the end I chose the 1/2 merrow to play a large creature. the 1/2 merrow is at the top end of a medium creature so I asked if this one could be at the low end of large and the DM said ok. next level I will pick up large and in charge as well as qualify for the lasher PrC. so it should be fun.

Sanackranib

First Post
I wanted to be able to breath both water and air and a foamer would have been too much of a deviation for the DM to accept. He even wanted to exclude elves and halflings as pc races. as I didn't plan to play either I didnt object. and he decided to allow both merefolk and 1/2 merrow so I didn't mind at all.

he did say no Evil . . .which was sad because I was gonna make one mean-bastard Quartermaster :p

Sanackranib

First Post
well I guess I can't say that I will blend in at 8' tall and blue-green skin.
but on the flip side as a level 3 fighter I will have a 17 Intimadate score!
course the only other skills will be swim and profession sailor but thats ok

Sanackranib

First Post
I got the DM to agree with my acessment of Intimidation: The higher the base the more people have heard of you. I can't wait to take Notorious from the seafarers handbook.

Sanackranib

First Post
Still it will be good to get the fear and respect I deserve for a change. and with a large scurge (cat-o-nine-tails) as my primary weapon 10' reach and being large, 10'reach - add in large and in charge and a few lasher levels and This character will indeed be Notorious

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads