• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Educator Career Tree

81Dagon

Explorer
Given my own personal experiences in life, as well as the roll that mentoring can play in a story's narrative, I'm rather interested in the rules for teaching and learning new skills. This has resulted in me creating a short career tree that revolves around education.

Educator Tree

Mentor 1d6 years
Prerequisite: Int 2+
You have casually helped to educator others, acting as a personal tutor or as a part-time coach.

+1 Wil +1 Cha +1 CR
Gaming, Sports, Science, Leadership, Linguistics, Trivia

1. Once per day, another character may use a skill that you are trained in and they are not as if they were also trained in it with one rank. This effect lasts for 12 hours.
  2. Gain a +1 die bonus whenever you explain something you know to someone else.
  3. You may grant the use of a skill that you are trained in a second time per day. Both of these uses must be for separate characters
  4. When you grant the use of one of your skills, the other character is treated as having as many ranks in that skill as you do.
  5. You may grant the use of a skill that you are trained in a third time per day. All of these uses must before separate characters

Teacher 2 years
Prerequisite: Mentor I or College II; Int 3+, Cha 2+
You are a professional educator, trained to help raise the next generation into greatness.

+1 Int +1 Cha +1 Rep +1 CR
Science, Intimidate, Negotiate, Leadership, Linguistics, Intuition

1. You possess a Bachelor of Education. You may teach others how to use new skills as long as you possess more ranks in that skill than they do.
  2. The experience it takes your students to lean a new skill or increase a skills rank is decreased by an additional 5% when you teach them.
  3. You possess a Masters of Education. Once per day, you may allow one character to make use of one career ability you possess. This effect lasts for 3 hours.
  4. The bonus XP you earn from teaching someone a new skill increases to 5 x the new skill rank of the student.
  5. You may grant the use of a career ability a second time per day. Both of these uses must be for separate characters

Teaching Assistant 1d6 years
Prerequisite: Mentor I or College I; Int 3+
You’ve spent sometime acting as an aid to an educator and know how to make yourself useful in a classroom, even if you are not in the spotlight.

+1 Int +1 Cha +2 CR
Science, Negotiate, Linguistics, Intuition, Perception, Performance

1. You may assist another is individual who is teaching a skill. If you do so, the student may learn or buy a new rank in the skill for an additional 5% less of the normal purchase cost and you gain bonus experience equal to 2 x the new skill rank of the student. ** If the other teacher has the second ability of the Teacher career, the XP cost reductions stack **

Last edited:

Tigerlil

First Post
I like these.

I tried to make some ordinary people with the Careers already in the playtest, and it was hard not making them "adventurers". So good to have some more civilised options as a supplement.

Remove ads