WotBS Eight-armed stone (Tears)

Fuzzybear

Explorer
There are a handful of transcribed visions from Darius during the 6th adventure, but I need some help understanding one if someone could help. My party is trying to parse them currently.

"Serpents writhe in an eight-armed stone, and soldiers shall feast upon the rubble of madness." - Is this a reference to events in the future that I don't remember or to Dassen? Something else? I don't recall any 8-armed stone that comes to mind, but madness makes me think of Dassen.

The rest of them make sense to me about past or future events, but I wonder if something is missing. Thanks!

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
I think this is indeed pointing backwards to Adventure 4. "Serpents writhe" and "rubble of madness" both point to the eponymous trillith. "Soldiers shall feast" could refer to the civil war, or to the banquet that Steppengard puts on at the end of the chapter. As for the "eight armed stone," it could be an obtuse reference to Dassen, a land ringed in mountains along all but its southern, coastal border, being a nation once comprised of eight lands. Alternately, the "eight armed stone" could refer to the eight lords of Dassen as being the eight arms of the king? It's kind of a reach, but it's the only part of the story that has a reasonable connection to the number eight.

Remove ads