• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eldritch Blast Question

RookSeven

First Post
Are there any FEATs which increase the Warlock's Eldritch Blast's Attack Bonus, Damage, Critical (Threat Range) or # of Attacks? Any suggestions would be appriciated.

PrinceZane

First Post
RookSeven said:
Are there any FEATs which increase the Warlock's Eldritch Blast's Attack Bonus, Damage, Critical (Threat Range) or # of Attacks? Any suggestions would be appriciated.

The only thing that comes to mind offhand are the weapon focus etc. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can take weapon focus (fireball). Or maybe there's a separate spell focus that does the similar thing? Hmm. I don't know if Improved Crit (fireball) is acceptible or not. I guess if WF is, so is IC.

Point Blank, Weapon Focus and Improved Critical are available to everyone while Weapon Specialization can be taken by Warlock/Fighter4. Quicken Spell-Like Ability would let you take an EB as a free action; I don't remember if it is 1/day or 3/day.

Scion

First Post
there is also ability focus, empower spell like ability, maximize spell like ability, and things like that.

There are a couple of items which boost the amount of damage that is dealt.

number of attacks is the hardest one. The quicken is likely to be the only one.

Zithuan

First Post
From Complete Arcane:
"An Eldritch Blast is the equivalent of a spell whose level is equal to one half the warlock's class level (round down), with a minimum spell level of 1st and a maximum of 9th when a warlock reaches 18th level or higher."

I don't think any of the metamagic spell-like ability feats will work because the level keeps increasing. I believe the archery chain of feats will be the only ones that help.

Scion

First Post
you might want to check the errata ;)

errata said:
Second paragraph of the Eldritch Blast ability
description:
Change “An eldritch blast is the equivalent of a spell
whose level is equal to one-half the warlock’s class
level (round down), with a minimum spell level of 1st
and a maximum of 9th when the warlock reaches 18th
level or higher” to “An eldritch blast is the equivalent
of a 1st-level spell. If you apply a blast shape or eldritch
essence invocation to your eldritch blast (see page 130),
your eldritch blast uses the level equivalent of the shape
or essence.”

Any other references to eldritch blast being something
other than the equivalent of a 1st-level spell should be
disregarded.
Any other references claiming that eldritch blast is not
an invocation should be disregarded.
A warlock can use eldritch blast at will.

emphasis mine.

apesamongus

First Post
Zithuan said:
From Complete Arcane:
"An Eldritch Blast is the equivalent of a spell whose level is equal to one half the warlock's class level (round down), with a minimum spell level of 1st and a maximum of 9th when a warlock reaches 18th level or higher."

I don't think any of the metamagic spell-like ability feats will work because the level keeps increasing. I believe the archery chain of feats will be the only ones that help.
Errara'd. EB is now 1st level or the level of the essence/shape, whichever is higher.

Zithuan

First Post
Whoops, didn't think to check the errata. And after I'd looked at the Complete Adventurer errata earlier today, even...

Delemental

First Post
Zithuan said:
Whoops, didn't think to check the errata. And after I'd looked at the Complete Adventurer errata earlier today, even...

Yeah, I think they did the errata specifically because otherwise you'd never be able to apply the SLA feats to EB.

FireLance

Legend
From Complete Arcane, the warlock's scepter (rod) and the chasuble of fell power (wondrous item) both add to a warlock's eldritch blast damage.

The section on Invocations and Spell-like Abilities (p. 71 of Complete Arcane) states that the warlock's eldritch blast is weaponlike. The section on Feats and Weaponlike Spells (p. 72 of Complete Arcane) states that Improved Critical, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot and Weapon Focus all apply to weaponlike spells (an eldritch blast) would be a ranged spell).

The feat Ranged Spell Specialization (p. 82 of Complete Arcane) also increases the damage for ranged spells like eldritch blast. As others have mentioned, the feats Empower Spell-like Ability (Monster Manual) and Maximize Spell-like Ability (p. 81 of Complete Arcane) can also increase eldritch blast damage.

Remove ads