• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elemental Princes of Evil / Archomentals

diaglo

Adventurer
DaveMage said:
Correct. I12 - Egg of the Phoenix (TSR) has three of them (Olhydra, Ogremoch, and Yan-C-Bin; no stats provided) on page 45.
well if they made it into I12... that means with high probability they were in the original RPGA modules.

R1, R2, R3, or R4

which means you should go to Dragonsfoot and ask Frank Menzter about them. ;)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
qstor - i don't believe so.

diaglo - do you know if they were in the "R" version of egg of the phoenix as well? if so would the information be significantly different?

diaglo

Adventurer
BOZ said:
diaglo - do you know if they were in the "R" version of egg of the phoenix as well? if so would the information be significantly different?
i can't recall. i'd have to dig them out of storage. :eek:

but Frank is on the Dragonsfoot site as a regular in the 1edADnD forum. he has an "ask Frank" thread.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shemeska said:
That last book also mentions some of the lesser Archomentals, though they may or may not have any relation to the main Elemental Princes of Evil (who all claim to have been sired by the Elder Elemental God).

ooh, didn't notice that the first time you posted it. :)

these guys were also mentioned in the 1E MotP, i was noticing yesterday as i flipped through it. it also seems that book was the place where the term "Archomental" was coined in the first place. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Shemeska said:
Bwimb was considered an archomental by some, then during the events of 'Dead Gods' he was obliterated by Orcus/Tenebrous. His place was taken by Bwimb II, Princess of Elemental Ooze. She's mentioned in 'Guide to the Inner Planes' in Planescape.
That book also points out (correctly) that neither Bwimb not Bwimb II are true archomentals; just mephits with delusions of grandeur.

That last book also mentions some of the lesser Archomentals, though they may or may not have any relation to the main Elemental Princes of Evil (who all claim to have been sired by the Elder Elemental God).

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil confirmed that all the Elemental Princes of Evil are the offspring of the Elder Elemental God (excuse me, the Elder Elemental Eye...ah, let's just call him Tharizdun :p ).

Cryonax is the self-titled Archomental of Ice, though he's not on the same scale of power as the others, though he is evil.

His stats in the Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix III seemed in line with theirs.

There's also a similar being for Quasielemental Mineral named Crystalle (sp?) though I'd have to look in the book for his exact details.

Crystalle seems to be a genuine archomental, but unlike the others his alignment is Neutral. His stats (2E) may be found in "The Dragon's Bestiary" in Dragon #174.

There's also a being for paraelemental Magma, but he's an altogether different sort of creature than the Archomentals.

IIRC, just another mephit.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
His stats in the Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix III seemed in line with theirs.

Since when do I pay attention to stats? ;)

Crystalle seems to be a genuine archomental, but unlike the others his alignment is Neutral. His stats (2E) may be found in "The Dragon's Bestiary" in Dragon #174.

Now, the more I think about it, I'd swear that Crystalle is referred to as an overflorified quasielemental. That's how I treated him in my own campaign. Similar to the power of the other 'true' archomentals, but of an altogether different origin.

And I'll have to snag a copy of Dragon 174 now *chuckle*

IIRC, just another mephit.

I'm pretty sure the Magma bigshot was a mephit. I of course say this without actually looking it up in the book. But assume that I'm right, I do ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads