ElfQuest cartoon announced

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If this is real, I'd imagine that they'll tone down any animated adaptation of Elfquest drastically in terms of the sexual themes.

So, probably no orgies for your family's entertainment...probably...
I don't know, Invincible is insanely violent, and it's been a big hit for Amazon Prime. I don't know of elf orgies are off the table. The overall arc of the comic is mature in every sense.

(Well, I can imagine a world where there was a 1980s Saturday morning cartoon version of ElfQuest, with wacky 30-minute adventures complete with a moral at the end, but we're a long way from that world in the animation industry.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Though with our luck these days it will be all AI generated.
The article specifically ends with the showrunner looking for artists who love ElfQuest. I'd bet that they're going to try and do something that resembles the original colored pencils used on the covers of the black and white run, given them name-checking pushing the envelope beyond what Spider-Verse did.

Sacrosanct

Legend
The article specifically ends with the showrunner looking for artists who love ElfQuest. I'd bet that they're going to try and do something that resembles the original colored pencils used on the covers of the black and white run, given them name-checking pushing the envelope beyond what Spider-Verse did.
I can’t imagine the Pini’s giving the green light for an AI animated show.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Culturally, sex and violence are not anywhere near the same, though.
No, but we're now at a place where "this cartoon is not for kids, even though it's about superheroes/fantasy games/elves" is something everyone understands and accepts.

Elf orgies would have been 100% off the table even 10 years ago. Today, maybe it's a 50/50.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Elf orgies would have been 100% off the table even 10 years ago. Today, maybe it's a 50/50.

Depending on what you mean when when you say "elf orgies" though.

Like, they can talk about orgies all they want. But when full frontal nudity is still rare on the major streamers, I wouldn't give explicit depiction of sexual activity that high a chance.

Remove ads