• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elven Navy Delta Squad: The Elders

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Apologies for the delay. I've had trouble accessing the boards

From the amount of debris floating about the room Marcus deduces that space drakes will eat almost anything. He bats a rock in its direction, and the creature hungrily grabs it from the air.

Marcus, Chjargal, and Akodo move forward to check on Grillon. Unfortunately, it appears that the dwarf was killed by the adult drake's final attack. None of magic at the druid or shaman's disposal will help their squad mate now.

DM fast forward: engage

Delta Squad examines the remaining items and chambers in the Elder's Outpost.

The cabinets in the central chamber hold various intriguing objects: a 9' tall suit of plate mail built to accomodate a creature with three legs and three arms, a set of star charts scribed onto metallicized sheets, a book made of leaf-like crystals, and a several silvery wands.

A few gems and other artifacts are all that remain of the room in which the space drake laired. Having been fed, the younger drake appears drawn to Marcus.

The other side tunnels lead to two more spherical chambers. One is lined with racks containing hundreds of tiny scrolls (made from the same flexible material as the charts). Mounted on the wall opposite the tunnel is a box-like device with a square piece of milky-white crystal set into its front. Below the crystal is a circular hole exactly the right size to accept one of the metal scroll containers.

The final chamber is perfectly spherical with smooth, metal-surfaced walls. Hanging in the geometric center of the chamber is a stranglely-shaped saddle.

garyh, I meant to send you an email last week. You are welcome to rejoin the game as Theryndil or as a new character. This chapter is almost finished.

garyh

First Post
GruTheWanderer said:
garyh, I meant to send you an email last week. You are welcome to rejoin the game as Theryndil or as a new character. This chapter is almost finished.

Cool! I'll jump in for the next mission with a new PC. Can you e-mail me the character creation guidelines? Thanks!

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus will recover Grillon's remains (leaving no one behind) and using what little knowledge he has of handling animals, does the best he can to instruct and/or control the young space drake.

Marcus will have the others gather up the gems and miscellaneous artifacts in the drake lair as well as the curious items in the central chamber.

Marcus then asked the others, "So, about how much air do we have left? And, does anyone else have any ideas about what the scrolls, box and saddle are for?"

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"It looks like the scrolls would fit in here." Akodo points to the slot. "Where's Thought Taker? Has anyone seen him since the drake entered the room? He didn't leave, did he?"

Mirth

Explorer
Kajamba Lion said:
"It looks like the scrolls would fit in here." Akodo points to the slot. "Where's Thought Taker? Has anyone seen him since the drake entered the room? He didn't leave, did he?"

"I say try one of the scrolls in there, Akodo," Chjargal says, looking over the hengeyokai's shoulder. "But hurry, Marcus is right about our air possibly running out. As for the flayer, he did what I thought he would - disappeared at the first sign of real trouble." The bugbear then heads over to inspect the saddle in the other chamber.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
In the interest of speed, I'm going to make some assumptions about your actions here. I apologize if they seem out of character.

When Chjargal places a hand on the saddle, the walls of the saddle's chamber turn black and appear to be studded with stars. The illusion of being suspended in space is almost perfect. When he removes his hand the effect ends and the chamber walls return to normal.

Akodo inserts one of the scrolls into the box. The crystal glows and symbols appear on it. The symbology is totally alien. Deciphering it would require great skill or magical assistance.

Marcus and Amanu arrange to move Grillon's body and the miscellaneous objects to the waiting ship. The sailors watch grimly at the rails and remark with sorrow at the dwarf's passing. There is no sign of Thought Taker on the ship.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Marcus marveled at the description that Chajargal gave on the saddle room, but was unsure of its application. If there's enough air time, Marcus will have the team go once more over the asteroid for anything we missed, including Thought Taker.

Otherwise, Marcus is of the opinion that the team did their job - getting Thought Taker to the destination. Now its time to head back home and finish this mission.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Akodo sighs. "This symbology is totally alien. Deciphering it would take great skill." The hengeyokai pauses and scratches an ear thoughtfully. "Or magical assistance."

Akodo willingly searches for the illithid, wondering if the safe return of the illithid was implied in their orders. "Marcus? Are you sure we weren't supposed to bring Thought Taker back with us?"

OOC: No beef on the auto-pilot, Gru. I would have done that in any case.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kajamba Lion said:
Akodo willingly searches for the illithid, wondering if the safe return of the illithid was implied in their orders. "Marcus? Are you sure we weren't supposed to bring Thought Taker back with us?"

"Trust me, Akodo. I would love to bring Thought Taker back with us. But, to me, he used an alien device and disappeared in a manner we have no way of tracking. This universe is quite big, and if we can't find him nearby, then we move on our way and at least report back to the Navy," Marcus said. "It's not the greatest of options, but I think its the best and right one considering the situation. Though I'm willing to hear out options . . . "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads