• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empire of the Ghouls

DMAC

First Post
I got permission to post my work from another RPG project. These are from a book called Empire of the Ghouls by Wolfgang Baur. It was done on a patron/sponsor system with people buying the book in advance and then having input on the process. Kind of interesting. I'm currently working on some pieces for another book that's going to have an Arabian Nights vibe to it.

More info can be found here: http://wolfgangbaur.com/opendesign/

Anway, on to the monsters...

Vulture Sphinx:

vulturesphinxfinal.jpg

The Last King:

lastkingfinal.jpg

Gnomish Vampire:

gnomepirefinal.jpg

Deathcap Myconid:

myconidfinal.jpg

I'll try to post some of my initial sketches and pencil drawings later.

Rugger

Explorer
I have been regretting not getting in on that book and NOW I see that you did art? FRIG! Me wanty!

Great stuff Darren! :)

- Matt

DMAC

First Post
Thanks. The patron system is kind of unusual but it seems to work. It's funny not being able to tell people they can go out and buy a copy at their gaming store.

rowport

First Post
Darren-

These rock-- I especially like the undead myconid (is that even RAW? LOL) and vampire gnome.

I am really impressed with Wolfgang's Kobold Quarterly magazine; is there any chance of seeing more of your work in there, too?

Remove ads