EN Pub Submissions

Michael Morris

First Post
I have a submission awaiting download - check my one and only thread in the private forum, pull it down, and let me know so I can delete it from that location.

Steverooo

First Post
Change in Rights-Bought Policy:

RangerWickett, I think you should address the change in policy concerning rights bought... When the ENWorld Players' Journal first began, there was a "Call for Articles" post on one of the boards at ENWorld (which is probably still up there, if you have Search) in which it was stated that the ENWorld Players' Journal sought only First Publication rights. It was under this understanding that my two articles were submitted.

More recently, you have stated that the ENWorld Gamer now seeks to purchase ALL rights. I, for one, am unwilling to sell these (which is why you will never see any of my pieces in Dragon).

I understand that editorial policies can change, but kindly note that ALL of my articles were submitted pre-ENWorld Gamer. If you must purchase ALL rights, then the as-yet-unpublished "Racial Background Skills" piece should be killed, and I will (regretfully) cease submitting to the new mag.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Last edited:

Cliff, Michael, we're in the middle of trying to finish up issue 2 of the ENWorld Gamer, so it might a while before we get around to replying to your pieces. Heck, I still haven't replied to GrumpyCelt on his book proposal yet. Many apologies for that.

Steve, I understand where you're coming from, but it is much easier for us if we don't have to worry about misusing someone's material. Due to the Open Gaming License, it isn't that hard to reuse something someone submits, so the only reason I can see an author would be uncomfortable giving up rights would be if he had some specific product identity, and we assume that that can be easily changed. If you have an article inspired by your own setting, just file off the serial numbers, and there's no loss to you.

However, if you prefer not to submit articles under these conditions, we won't object.

Remove ads