• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Fantasy Basketball League Signup

loki44

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
Is Ragnarok a newcomer? How'd he finish on top last year? That's a surprise. Any brief recap/overview of the year? Did everybody stay playing, or did the lower managers effectively drop out after a third of the season again?
Were there problems filling the second Center position again?
Were there any trades that should have been nixed?

I'm the noob who won last year. Well, noob to this league but I've been playing fantasy basketball for years, mostly in head-to-head leagues which are a completely different beast. The upper half of the league stayed competitive until the end. It went down to the wire really. A few teams made a nice run. To be honest, I didn't pay that much attention to the teams in the bottom half. I didn't notice any problems filling the 2nd Center spot. It's a good position to rotate around for Blks and Rebs according to who's hot on waivers. I think there are enough guys who have the C designation that there's not too much of a shortage. It's a thin position with 12 teams, but that helps make it more competitive IMO. Can't think of any unbalanced trades, though I wish I hadn't traded Dalembert during the preseason.

arwenarrowny

First Post
If it's okay and you still need a 12th, I'd like to play. I played in the fantasy baseball league, and while I didn't post a lot, I had fun with it. I'll wait on your response, since it looks like you've got others you had in mind first.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So funny. Every year this seems to happen. We sit waiting for a 12th player, and then all of a sudden near the end of the delay period a 12th player shows up at the same time as a 13th player and sometimes a 14th one :)

It's up to the league commissioner to decide. I am fine either way.

Black Omega

First Post
We have 12 in our league now, so we'll go with that. First signed up, first served.

It's just nice for me to look down and see who the 11 players fighting for 2nd place are.:)

Misty's right, though. It really is feast or famine.

Mista Collins

First Post
Black Omega said:
We have 12 in our league now, so we'll go with that. First signed up, first served.

It's just nice for me to look down and see who the 11 players fighting for 2nd place are.:)

Misty's right, though. It really is feast or famine.

by "looking down", you do mean from the nose bleed seats, right? that might be as close as you get to competing with us on the fantasy parkay court. :)

Last edited:

loki44

Explorer
I can't remember if we had an IR slot last year. Does anyone remember? I'm asking because of guys like Elton Brand who won't be playing at the start of the season and it might affect how I rank them.

Remove ads