• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enchanting Question

Xendria

First Post
This is really 2 questions, but here I go:

1. If someone already has a +1 sword can it be upgraded to a +2 and if so, would they pay the full 8,000 or 8,000 minus the 2,000 for it already being +1?

2. If someone has a +1 sword and they want to add flaming, do they pay 2,000 since it's a +1 value or pay 8,000 since it totals to +2, or do they pay 8,000 minus the 2,000 for it being +1 already?

Thanks a bunch, we've never really had any party crafters until pathfinder so I've never had to deal with this :p

Starbuck_II

First Post
This is really 2 questions, but here I go:

1. If someone already has a +1 sword can it be upgraded to a +2 and if so, would they pay the full 8,000 or 8,000 minus the 2,000 for it already being +1?

2. If someone has a +1 sword and they want to add flaming, do they pay 2,000 since it's a +1 value or pay 8,000 since it totals to +2, or do they pay 8,000 minus the 2,000 for it being +1 already?

Thanks a bunch, we've never really had any party crafters until pathfinder so I've never had to deal with this :p

You pay the difference when you add stuff to a magic weapon/armor.
The difference since +1 weapon is 2000.
8000 -2000= 6000.

Dredan

First Post
Xendria, here you go right out of the Pathfinder core rulebook.

The cost to add additional abilities to an item is the same as
if the item was not magical, less the value of the original item.
Thus, a​
+1 longsword can be made into a +2 vorpal longsword,

with the cost to create it being equal to that of a​
+2 vorpal sword

minus the cost of a +1 longsword.

As Starbuck and Jhaelen both said. The cost would be 8,000 gp - (+1 cost = 2,000) so 6,000 gp.

ffanxii4ever

First Post
Xendria, here you go right out of the Pathfinder core rulebook.

The cost to add additional abilities to an item is the same as
if the item was not magical, less the value of the original item.
Thus, a​
+1 longsword can be made into a +2 vorpal longsword,

with the cost to create it being equal to that of a​
+2 vorpal sword

minus the cost of a +1 longsword.

As Starbuck and Jhaelen both said. The cost would be 8,000 gp - (+1 cost = 2,000) so 6,000 gp.
the cost to turn a +1 longsword into a +2 longsword is 6,000 gp
but the cost to turn a +1 longsword into a +2 vorpal longsword is 96,000 gp because vorpal is equivalent to a +5 bonus, so you would use the base price of a +7 weapon

Xendria

First Post
Yea, I finally found it in the way WAY back lol.

A second question. No where in the book can I find whether to round up or down, did this change from 3.5?

Remove ads