• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ENworlder created Jackie Chan Adventures! (was: Jonrog1's new TV series "Red Skies")

thunk

First Post
No probs!

Just make sure you check all channels. The show has been on air for over two years now, so it's likely to pop up just about anywhere.

LoneWolf23

First Post
Allow me to add my humble congratulations to the roar of applause.

I hope Jackie Chan Adventures gets another season too. Although, after the Demon Sorcerors and the Book of Ages, where can you go from there?

Kudos jonrog! :)

I'll have to fit more episodes of Jackie Chan Adventures into my schedule!

Were you mainly responsible for all the injoke Jackie Chan film references in the series?

Congrats as well for Red Skies - like a few others here I will be watching closely for its release over here.

Keep up the good work!

jonrog1

First Post
Up for air between scripts, and here to thank everyone who watched and supported the pilot. It only reinforces my dream of leaving film and television writing to start a PDF gaming supplement company.

Shh. Here that? Somewhere, my agent just had a stroke ...

For everyone who asked about the show -- definitely still up in the air. Unfortunately,we may have been a little too original for the suits. If you liked it, please feel free to go to the USA Network website and drop them an e-mail asking where your butt-kicking two guns-blazing action show is.

Again, thanks all.

John

jonrog1

First Post
Ahh! FARSCAPE, the show that does not fear muppets!

Thanks for all the yee-haw on Jackie Chan. I was a huge Chan fan, and when I heard they were going to do a show I leapt on the Sony execs like a starving hyena. I wrote the pilot episode, and designed the characters, and then worked out the first season full arc with the great writers who took over, Duane Capezzi and David Slack. Luckily for me they both have no idea how good they are ...

Interestingly, "One mooooore thing" was just a joke set-up for the reveal of Jade in the pilot. The actor made it so funny, it immediately became a running gag, the name of the in-house newsletter, and the title of a couple fan websites.

There are a whackload of Chan movie references hidden in there, and Uncle is of course based "Uncle Bill", who appears in most of Jackie's movies during the 80's and early 90's.

There is indeed another season coming. What was cool about last season was that I intentionally stopped reading the plot summaries the guys were sending me so that I could enjoy the revelations as they laid out. Next season, the power of the talismans escape their binding within the talismans themselves and go out into the world. Hilarity and object-fu ensues.

If you like the show, swing by the website and say so -- execs bleed out the ears with joy when they get those sort of letters.

Also, to answer the e-mails I got, if our US-based friends want write to ask where the heck their two-guns-blazing chick-fu show RED SKIES is, drop a line at series@usanetwork.com. Any little bit helps.

Take care all,

John

Chain Lightning

First Post
Wow, jonrog1, I didn't know anyone in the animation/tv industry posted here. Congrats on your new show.

I did storyboards on season 1 & 2 of Jackie Chan Adventures. So its kind of a delight to run into someone here who also worked on it. Although my envolvement was low on the totem pole, I had fun working on the show.

I had watched Hong Kong films for ages, way before they started showing up in our local video stores, before the 'suits' started to incorporate 'John Woo-esque' and 'Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon-esque' in their daily power lunch dialogue. For a while I was wondering if I was going to be able to use any of the cinematic style or fight choreography that sunk into my brain from watching too much HK action films. I was on shows like 'Duckman' and 'Extreme Ghostbusters' for a while so...none of that really applied. But man, when Jackie came through the studio, I had to choose between that and 'Heavy Gear'. I choose Jackie of course. :D

It was a lot of fun. Thanks for helping to create all that fun we had.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads