EONS #42: Variant Humans

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The universe is a large place, and humans spread everywhere. After a while, they adapt to their new environments - high gravity, low gravity, asteroids, planets orbiting black holes, even clones born in chemical tanks. This article introduces four variant human races for sci-fi games: the Belters, who come from low-g environments such as asteroids, starships, and small planets; the Jovians, who come from planets with crushing gravity; Clones, who are created in tanks and emerge fully formed into the world; and the Warped, crazed humans who live near black holes.

https://www.patreon.com/woinrpg

human.jpg
SaveSave

Last edited:

easl

Explorer
Very nice. Question on the Warped: their "Warped Psionics" exploit allows them to start with two psionics exploits that they don't have the Psi rating to purchase (or use). How is this handled? I understand there are other instances of PCs being allowed to acquire a universal exploit without meeting the pre-reqs, but does a Warped get to use these exploits even though doing so would require spending more psi/turn then allowed? Or do they only get to use these exploits if they take additional ranks in psionics such that they can meet the minimum point cost per turn?

Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Very nice. Question on the Warped: their "Warped Psionics" exploit allows them to start with two psionics exploits that they don't have the Psi rating to purchase (or use). How is this handled? I understand there are other instances of PCs being allowed to acquire a universal exploit without meeting the pre-reqs, but does a Warped get to use these exploits even though doing so would require spending more psi/turn then allowed? Or do they only get to use these exploits if they take additional ranks in psionics such that they can meet the minimum point cost per turn?

Typo! Warped get +4 PSI. And no WIL bonus (I'm not sure how that snuck in there!) -- I'll amend the PDF. Thanks for spotting it!

They're the most naturally psionic race published yet - part of the properties attributed to black holes, which are going to be fun to unveil. :)
SaveSave

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks for the update...but, uh, that still means they can only use one in each category. So same question?

Erm. I'm afraid I don't understand the question, then! Could you rephrase it?

(Edit, I mean you're correct in observing that currently only two psionic powers meet those conditions - was that the question?)

Last edited:

easl

Explorer
Erm. I'm afraid I don't understand the question, then! Could you rephrase it?

I take Necrophony as one of my Warped Human exploits. But I don't take careers that give me PSI 10. Can I use by Necrophony power? I wouldn't technically be able to spend 10 PP per turn, unless the racial exploit gives Warped Humans some exception to that rule.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases