Epic character help!!!!

sithramir

First Post
Ok so I have to make a character that will now be epic to join in a campaign.

Here's my problemo:

I want to play a diviner 3/cleric 3/mystic theurge 10/dweomkeeper 8

Now its just come to my attention that I can't get ANY epic feats because I haven't maxed any prestige class and I haven't taken any EPIC prestige classes. Is this true? Is there any way for me to get a feat?

Now I could take a epic mystic theurge but I can't find where that was printed (it gives spellcasting every other level to each class and a feat at 6th lvl I believe).

If I did this i'd then have div3/clr3/mt10/dweomkeeper4/epic mystic theurge 4

I'd still have no epic feats it seems. Also when I level in a non epic class (say i went the dweomkeeper 8 route). I would then get spells, skills, HD, any other class features but only skill points every even lvl above 20 and attack bonus as epic attack bonus. What would I do featwise for this then? (Would they or wouldn't they be epic?)

Thanks ahead of time cause I can't seem to make this work how i'd like it.

Sithramir

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
You would not get any bonus epic feats but you can still take epic feats with your normal level advancement feats as long as you Character level is 21+. Also I believe that you still gain skill points every level when epic. It is your Saves that increase every even level.

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
Camarath said:
You would not get any bonus epic feats but you can still take epic feats with your normal level advancement feats as long as you Character level is 21+. Also I believe that you still gain skill points every level when epic. It is your Saves that increase every even level.

AHHHHH~ I just reread and I had missed the one chart. Those are just bonus feats gained by the classes since they dont' gain anything else. My bad (its finals week so my brain is fried!)

Sithramir

Last edited:

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
sithramir said:
But that exactly was my concern. According to the Epic Level handbook I don't gain a feat at 21st lvl. OR are the bonus feats every other level, every third level, and every 4th level just the "added" bonus's for each class and I STILL gain feats at 21, 24, 27 etc that can be epic?
The bonus feats listed in the epic class progressions are additional class features. You still gain a feat every 3 levels.

ruleslawyer

And if your DM insists on using that progression, you should avoid epic MT like the plague. +1 arcane OR divine every level and 1/6 bonus epic feats sucks, sucks, sucks. You're better off going Div3/Clr3/MT 8/Dweomerkeeper 10; concentrate your spellcasting in one class (for a grand total of either Div21/Clr11 or Clr21/Div11 spellcasting ability at 24th level; not bad!), and stay progressing in dweomerkeeper, since it grants 1/3 epic bonus feat progression.

You get no epic bonus feats to start, but you do get two epic bonus feats (one for character level 21, another for character level 24). One nice option for this build, especially if you go cleric, is Automatic Still Spell (taking a second one at 27th level), as you can then use all your wizard spells in armor. Epic Spellcasting is a must; you are both an arcane and divine spellcaster, and as such have access to all seeds.

Pax

Banned
Banned
Suggest to your DM that a better epic progression is the one the Exodus will use (if anyone ever makes a Theurge, anyway):

11 ... +1 A
12 ... +1 A, +1 D
13 ... +1 D
14 ... +1 A, +1 D
15 ... +1 A
16 ... +1 A, +1 D
17 ... +1 D
18 ... +1 A, +1 D
19 ... +1 A
20 ... +1 A, +1 D

"+1 A" woudl be +1 caster level to previous Arcane class, and +1 D would be +1 level to previous Divine class. Alternately, you could switch the Arcane and Divine:

11 ... +1 D
12 ... +1 A, +1 D
13 ... +1 A
14 ... +1 A, +1 D
15 ... +1 D
16 ... +1 A, +1 D
17 ... +1 A
18 ... +1 A, +1 D
19 ... +1 D
20 ... +1 A, +1 D

With those two alternate progressions, you get about 0.75 caster levels to EACH prior spellcasting class, per Epic MT level. Not enough to be game-breaking (you still fall behind your single-caster-type counterparts, albeit slowly), but, enough to warrant the one-per-five-levels Bonus Epic Feats the Theurge gets.

Remove ads