epic level spells

Luigiana

First Post
Hey

I am new in here. i couldnt find this anywhere

One of my friends once showed me a book, which contained only epic level spells from level 10 through 13 i think

It had a very old brown, parchmentlike style. It was dnd 3.5

Can any1 tell me which it could have been? or maybe tell me which books there contains epic level spells

In the case it had been a 3.0 book then please still tell me

Last edited:

Pergentile

Explorer
Uh... yes, the ELH does have proper spell descriptions...
A lot of books have relevant epic levels spells. If it has to do with zombies, try Libris Mortis, or Heroes of Horror.

Luigiana

First Post
ill try and look at those. the only thing i remember of the book i saw, was that the epic spells was at some of the first pages of the book, so i think it was only filled with epic spells.. like a epic spell compendium

Runestar

First Post
Sounds like the 2e supplement "Netheril, Empire of Magic". Only in 2e were wizards capable of casting spells higher than 9th lv, until Mystra's ban.

It used to be available as a free download from wotc, but seems to have been purged.

Alternatively, might be player's guide to faerun. It has some epic spells (basically conversions of the previous 10th - 13th lv spells), and the netherese arcanist epic prc has "must be able to cast 13th lv spells" as a prereq.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Sounds like a third-party product; there's no such thing as an 11th level spell or the like in any 3.x WotC product. (Spell slots, yes; spells, no.) It does sound like something Mongoose would try, but it doesn't ring a bell with me.

Luigiana

First Post
Sounds like the 2e supplement "Netheril, Empire of Magic". Only in 2e were wizards capable of casting spells higher than 9th lv, until Mystra's ban.

It used to be available as a free download from wotc, but seems to have been purged.

Alternatively, might be player's guide to faerun. It has some epic spells (basically conversions of the previous 10th - 13th lv spells), and the netherese arcanist epic prc has "must be able to cast 13th lv spells" as a prereq.
I cant find any epic spells in Players guide to faerun.. can u tell me a page number?
And did u notice that i said it should contain a spell which summoned 1d100 undeads? if i remember right

Last edited:

rgard

Adventurer
I'll bet you it was Mayfair Games' "Archmagic" from their Roleaids series. It was produced to be used with 1E and/or 2E. When you describe the paper as parchment that makes me think it was that boxed set as I remember it having better than TSR production value.

Remove ads