Level Up (A5E) Epic Levels, or Prestige Classes?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
the planar stuff is really exciting for not simply being the great wheel's vat of generic from the sound of things. Also that last "must be able to name and identify all the planets detailed in Chapter Five" prereq bodes well. As a GM it drives me bonkers when players resist absorbing anything they should need to know in order to play their character while expecting to reap all of the benefits that might link to its fluff & that gives a nice nonspecific hurdle that can be used to push back a bit.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
If I recall correctly (and I may not, as this was like a year ago), rules for playing past level 20 and prestige classes were both highly-polarized, "love it or hate it" concepts.

Horwath

Legend
If I recall correctly (and I may not, as this was like a year ago), rules for playing past level 20 and prestige classes were both highly-polarized, "love it or hate it" concepts.
I would say, after level 20, and you have 20 levels in single class, just multiclass, you learned all you can in discipline(class) at level 20. So learn something different now.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I would say, after level 20, and you have 20 levels in single class, just multiclass, you learned all you can in discipline(class) at level 20. So learn something different now.
Sure, that's one way to approach it. Heck, that's the approach Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (the recently-rleased CRPG version, not the original AP) uses for one of the mythic paths.

But as lichmaster says, Epic Legacy is also out there, and so is this. Notably in the latter case, they're already using the new class names (adept, berserker, and herald) because Mike Myler is also part of the Level Up design team.

Remove ads