• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 6 (IC)

Dalamar

Adventurer
If Johan can, he'll leave the mainframe to appear outside Jennifer's cage (it would be stupid to appear inside, considering it's supposed to contain her powers). If that isn't currently possible, launch a Stun attack at the male and take distance from both.

Velmont

First Post
Can it be... better play safe.

Jay quickly put his weapon on minimal power (Dazzle), and shoot twice at the X12, hoping to make him blind, so he can handle him more easily before he can identify it as X&é, or as he guess, an imposter.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
"What is going on here?" she asks, turning to face your table.

"Nothing," she responds taking another bite of her food pausing to chew and swallow before continuing. "We were just discussing how one bad decision can screw up your life... ya'know how you should always stop and look at what your doing before making those big decisions that can effect the rest of your life. Isn't that right Tara?" Michelle states as she looks over towards the girl

Calinon

First Post
October 26, 2120
Dover, England
Dover Medical Facility

X12

You toss the curtain aside and take stock of the general confusion over the sudden non-medical-related action. The entry way door clicks shut and you run over to give chase. About ten feet from the door, Kodiak pulls it open and steps in. He surprises you by lunging forward and grabbing hold of you, tripping you to the ground!

"That is far enough," he growls down at you.

Raisa, Dara and Carl are through the door after him almost immediately.

"Vibro, if he moves, shoot him," Kodiak says, looking around the room.

"Uhh...." Carl says, not pulling out his gun.

"Kodiak, unless someone stripped X and stole his uniform, I think this is the real X," Raisa mutters.

"Well, he's real mad anyway. I'm not quite sure Kodiak can bend enough to do that to himself, X," Dara says.

Kodiak sighs. "I was not selected for my detective skills, comrades," he says, heading back for the door as a pair of energy blasts sound from the foyer. Kodiak sighs again. "I need a vacation," he mutters as Raisa pulls you to your feet and the lot of you head out the door.

Jay
The faint sound of you changing settings gives your target just enough time to avoid the blasts, far more deftly than you'd have expected.

Initiatives: Imposter 20, Jay 14
Attack rolls: 17, 19 (both miss -- he made his spot check to avoid surprise)

He glances back and rushes for a side door, seemingly uninterested in combat. You see him pull out a knife as he passes through the door, closing it behind him.

X12
By the time you get outside emergency, your imposter isn't visible, though Jay has his weapon out trained on a door nearby.

"Which way'd he go?" Carl asks, looking around.

"Why exactly are we after him?" Raisa asks.

"Ooo, apples," Dara says, spotting a basket of apples on the reception desk and heading over.

Kodiak growls and speaks into his communicator, "Trailblazer, there's another X12 running around here somewhere if you are not to busy eating hot dogs."

Brazilia Medical Facility
October 14, 2120

Michelle

Empath doesn't look too amused, but turns from you to look at Tara. Her eyes widen and with a surprising suddenness she steps forward and launches a backhand at the girl. The blow passes right through her, and Tara winks out of existance.

"Protect your mind," she says to you, just before a mental blast tears through the near empty cafeteria. The few people inside suddenly topple over, as does Titan. Tara appears about fifteen feet away, already unconscious.

"Now that wasn't very nice, Angelique," Anithos says as he appears. Rather than his suave form, he just appears like a geeky kid. However, his powerful charismatic abilities don't seem any lessened. "You're looking lovely today," he adds with an impish grin, pulling out a rose from his sleeve.

"You won't... I can s... what is... for me?" she says, her face going from angry to confused then to rather enamored, and her voice taking similar tones.

"Most certainly," he says, walking over confidently and handing her the rose. He gives you just a little wink, obviously not considering you a threat, and not even trying to put his whammy on you. "I think you might have hurt Titan with that little blast," he says to her.

Sanjay
"Our enemies have telepaths," Thunder replies. "I can count the number of EPIC members with protection against them on one hand. Are you one of them, Neutron?

"And you should have more common sense than this. After the effort to erase you from damn near every database in the world to protect her, you continue to treat this like a game."

"She's a big girl now," Tyra laughs, apparently unconcerned. "It'll come out eventually, and then what will you do," she says, going with you along the hall, leaving Thunder standing there. You are nearly to the corner before you hear the answer.

"Go to her funeral."

It's not too far until you reach the room however, and the rest of the short walk is pretty much in silence. When you get in the room, Monica is sprawled across the bed sleeping.

"And just what did you do to my daughter?!" Tyra says with exagerated concern and very loudly. Monica starts awake and sits up.

"Huh? Where? MOM?!" she says, pulling the blanket quickly up to cover herself.

You hear Thunder sigh with disgust, turn and walk away.

"Did you get a good look, perv?" Monica shouts after him

In the M-TAC Mainframe, New York
Johan

With an explosion of light, you blast out of the overhead lighting, landing on the floor outside the girl's cage. (OOC: Jennifer huh? Saves me looking it up!) The light fixture is pretty much destroyed by your exit, and you begin to wonder if it's a secondary effect, or if you just need practice.

You are inside another cell in which the energy cell sits. A heavy alloy door is the only exit. A quartet of turret mounts are present, one in each corner, but there are no guns. In fact, the entire room seems stripped of everything mechanical, save for the lighting and energy field. Glancing up at the light, you realize it was shielded heavily in non-conductive plastic before you came through.

Jennifer is startled by your sudden appearance, plus you appear with your back to her. "Mister Split? You came to get me!" she says excitedly.

Red flashing lights go off and an alarm siren sounds. It's probably not one of those good flashing light loud siren combinations...

Mordane76

First Post
Once outside, and hearing about the second X

"You need a vacation," he says to Kodiak incredulously. "I've been shot at, had to almost kill two senior EPIC members, and now there's two of me... I'm beyond tired of today, and it's barely afternoon. What does this guy want with me?

Agamon

Adventurer
Sanjay nearly spat out a caustic reply to Thunder, but caught himself. He had a point. The guy was trying to protect his daughter, hard to blame him. Still, he had figured it out himself, and there were probably a lot of bad guys out there a lot better than him at figuring things out. And it didn't alleviate his foul mood. But opening the door to Monica's room definitely put those thoughts on the backburner.

Sanjay's eyes go wide when he sees Monica sprawled on the bed. If he could blush, he'd certainly be beet red. Looking at her mother, he says, "Uh...I didn't do anything...I mean, not anything she didn't want me to do...I mean, she needed help getting...no, changing, changing..." He sighs, his shoulders slouching in defeat. Having a hard time looking Tyra in the eyes and definitely not wanting to look Monica's way, he kinda just stares down at the floor in front of him.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"As unfortunate as it is, I am not Split," Johan says as he turns around to face Jennifer, "but I am here to help you out. My name is Johan and I just recently discovered I have powers not unlike yours. I was hoping you might accompany me to EPIC where we could try to learn about them together."
Johan shows the friendliest face he has, while trying to locate the means for disengaging the energy field, preferrably without damaging it unless there is no other way.

Velmont

First Post
"I knew it." says Jay as he sees X12 coming out. His body seems to become more muscular before he starts to run after the imposter. "That way."

OOC:
(Half) Boost
(Free) Heroic Surge (HP spent)
(Full) Running after the guy

Calinon

First Post
October 26, 2120
Dover, England
Dover Medical Facility

X12, Jay

"It looks like he just wants to get away," Raisa says. "Did he kill someone or something? I mean, it's not the first time we've run into another one of you."

Jay surges across the foyer to the door the 'imposter' went through, followed quickly by Kodiak and the rest of you. The handle turns, but the door doesn't open. A quick shove solves that problem, and the door bangs open, the chair that had been hastily propped against it ruined.

The hallway is lined with various offices and rooms, but the hall itself is empty save for a knife imbedded in the wall next to the door. It is stabbed through a business card who's face is to the wall. The white back has the word "Free" scrawled on it. The handle of the knife glistens wetly.

Trailblazer enters the hall from the other end.

"Did you see him, comrade?" Kodiak asks.

"Not a thing, partner," Trailblazer replies.

Brazilia Medical Facility
October 14, 2120

Sanjay

"Oh, I'm certain that is a terrible burden for you," Tyra says with a growl, claws tapping on your arm as she still hasn't released her hold on you.

"Mom, quit playing with my boyfriend," Monica scolds. "You're embarassing him. Find me some clothes would you, sport?" she asks you.

"Just one boy?" Tyra says, finally letting go of your arm.

"Mom!"

"And whatever happened to that nice Cosmo fellooorowr!" she finishes with a yelp as a electrical bolt strikes her in the rear from a nearby electrical outlet. "I see you've still got a temper," Tyra laughs, rubbing her singed rear.

"Yeah, wonder who I got that from, hmmm. If you can't be nice to Sanjay, don't be here," Monica says angrily.

"Alright, alright," Tyra says. "I was just having some fun. Just one boy," she says again. "You should let me borrow him," she says seriously, and you feel her eyeing you apprasingly.

In the M-TAC Mainframe, New York
Johan

"I remember you! You're the bad man who chased me in the computer! You're friends with the scary men who hurt the puppy!" she says, obviously not too happy that you aren't Split, and sounding scared.

You do your best to disable the energy field, but the circuitry is too well protected.

Disable device (DC40): 25 fails

However, with the use of gadgets, you have no doubt that you can short circuit the energy field with minimal damage to the system. It takes just a few moments.

HP spent to change your gadget to a water jet (energy blast, water (stun damage, damage versus electronics -- fun! Technically you make a molecular combiner to extract water from the air, so it's not like a water cannon) and success is automatic.

The energy field flickers and with a few sparks shooting from the floor it winks from existance. The girl screams and hops off the bed, looking for somewhere to run. "You won't get me!" she cries, then looks up at the lights. She seems to stretch up, then get sucked into the fixture and is gone.

Mordane76

First Post
"He was actually administering medical attention to someone in the trauma room when I came in," X12 says. "But he's definitely a Directive; I didn't see his number, though - he had his hair long, over his neck. He took a shot at me with a laser - dropped the privacy curtain on me. He touched me on his way out... made me feel funny, sort of tired, but only for a second."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads