• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic player quotes

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I probably mentioned this before.

Against a red dragon, who had done nothing to anyone btw, he just happened to be there when we needed the cash, our group had sent the rogue (me) ahead to scout while they were waiting in front of the dragon's lair. My rogue was about to be back, but did what he always did before a fight - take a piss, well covered behind some trees, because "his uncle Edmond peed himself when he was killed" and the family didn't need a repeat of such an embarrassment.

Meanwhile, the dragon had long since noticed the group and rushed right out to confront them. A few seconds later, before my guy could rush to their aid (not that he would have made much of a difference) the dragon was done burning everyone else to crisp. My halfling rushed out of the bushes and took in the sight and I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh my, this must happen a lot, people invading your privacy and trying to steal your stuff. How annoying. Would you be interested in an anti-adventurer insurance?"

The dragon was, and thus "Wings and Tails Insurance" was born, an insurance for monsters wanting to protect their treasure. My guy actually hired low level adventurers to try rob those monsters, and once they ran or were finished he'd show up just at the right time to sell insurances. Later the monsters came to him and he didn't need to do that anymore. With a group of toughs actively discouraging adventurers to rob the insured monsters, he did very very well and became one of the most influential half-NPCs in the region.

Remove ads