D&D 4E Epic Skill Powers... Improving Alice in Wonderland

Tony Vargas

Legend
Divisive Deception - level 26 Bluff skill power
You turn enemies against each other to the degree they ignore you and your allies.
Reminds me of a spell one wizard was excessively fond of... Enemies Abound, I think it was. Illusion, had a rider something like 'enemies count as allies for purposes of flanking?'
...y'know, I can just look it up: "Targets Enemies in Burst....you and your allies can treat the target as an ally for the purposes of flanking until the end of your next turn." ...of course, that's just a Level 7 Encounter.

Add clause to a utility or skill power saying you gain the martial practice X its makes me think of the 5e free and slotted rituals almost.

Well, since boons are a lot like feats, you can simply grant a utility and a related ritual/procedure. Technically there's no real lower limit on casting times of 'rituals' either, they are structured AS powers, I could just have one that had an action cost instead of a longer casting time. It would kind of defeat the point of having any distinction at all, but right now I think the main one is you can write down a ritual and put it on a scroll (or other consumable, this is HoML's version of 'enchant an item' basically).

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Reminds me of a spell one wizard was excessively fond of... Enemies Abound, I think it was. Illusion, had a rider something like 'enemies count as allies for purposes of flanking?'
...y'know, I can just look it up: "Targets Enemies in Burst....you and your allies can treat the target as an ally for the purposes of flanking until the end of your next turn." ...of course, that's just a Level 7 Encounter.

Way too limited duration make it much longer and allow easy escapes and similar things too Give it a sustain minor or something then a save ends for when you are no longer there should you leave the scene.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Since scaling powers looks to be one of the solutions I am going to look back at the heroic powers too. Acrobats can at-will reduce their damage falling but something more heroic would be interesting. I might make this you shift to your falling ally at low levels then allow it to move up tier and maybe even increase the range as you level.

catfall.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Changing the range to Speed + Dex Mod (this is acrobatics after all)
Heroic you shift to your allies position
Paragon you fly to your allies position
Epic you can now land anywhere in the radius of effect.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Bloody Withdrawal level 26 Stealth / Bluff
Blood flying everywhere from an attack that would have surely killed you (ie you die) your enemies within 10 squares are blinded by gushing and spraying giblets (save ends) and suffer from 2D10+CHA damage - aka sickening nausea (also slowed save ends ) little seems to remains of you til you saunter uninjured back on to the scene after the danger recedes.

You didnt really think that was me did you?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases