EPIC6-1 Confrontation in Shadow (Free L30 Adventure)

keterys

First Post
EPIC6-1 Confrontation in Shadow is available for download on livingforgottenrealms.com!

It is highly suggested that players experience EPIC5-3 (and the rest of the series!) before playing this adventure.

EPIC6-1 Confrontation in Shadow by Dan Anderson and Keith Richmond
Shar weaves her final scheme to devour the world in shadow, safe within her Towers of Midnight. Legendary heroes must stop the goddess, securing their places in the pantheon, history, and myth -- or be forgotten in the total annihilation that will follow should they fail. A three-round continuous-play Living Forgotten Realms adventure for 30th-level characters. This is the finale of the Epic Campaign. We recommend that you allow 12-15 hours of playing time to complete this adventure.

This is the tenth and final adventure in a series of free adventures:
EPIC3-1 The Glorious Hunt
EPIC3-2 Cracks in the Crimson Cage
EPIC3-3 Tangled Skein of Destiny
EPIC4-1 Shooting the Moon
EPIC4-2 Age of Ruin
EPIC4-3 Dark Hearts of Madness
EPIC5-1 Plaguewrought Prism
EPIC5-2 Dragons Dark
EPIC5-3 Shadow Storm

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the adventure. I encourage folks to use it even outside of LFR as a mine for ideas, encounters, stat blocks, or whatever. We do a lot of new and interesting things in every epic and it's a free download, so pillage away and have some fun.

keterys

First Post
Thanks! It's actually been really strange, finally getting to the end of it. Cathartic, if you will. I'm really happy with how it finished up in particular (there were some bumps along the way), and I've run it now for several tables.

Being able to pull in the PCs favorite gods, and have the PCs really totally alter the fiction of the setting, that's quite cool.

Now to rest for a bit, and figure out my next project I guess.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Much kudos on the adventures, keterys! I'm not a 4E fan myself, but having read through that last adventure, it does indeed look suitably epic.

One question: most of the recent adventures that you link to don't seem to be available if you're browsing the Living FR page itself - I can't find them listed anywhere, save for the direct links in your posts. Why is that?

Quickleaf

Legend
Thanks! It's actually been really strange, finally getting to the end of it. Cathartic, if you will. I'm really happy with how it finished up in particular (there were some bumps along the way), and I've run it now for several tables.

Being able to pull in the PCs favorite gods, and have the PCs really totally alter the fiction of the setting, that's quite cool.

Now to rest for a bit, and figure out my next project I guess.

Your adventure design on the epic LFR stuff has been really great. While my irregular 4e gaming group is far from epic tier, I've followed most of the epic adventures and been really impressed with the diversity of challenges, the way you've tied the adventures to each other, and the nasty monsters. I wish I had a chance to play in these!

I caught the hint in the player handouts about what's Next, and wish you luck in whatever happens next for D&D's organized convention play & adventure writing.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I have a question, actually. My group has expressed an interest in playing through these Epic adventures to get a sense of the metaplot that was going on. Since we're just going to play at home, we can start here, but I'd love to run them through some of the best connected adventures.

Do you have some good suggestions for putting together an adventure path to get them here? I'd love to have a road map of the most appropriate adventures to get them to this point...

keterys

First Post
Much kudos on the adventures, keterys! I'm not a 4E fan myself, but having read through that last adventure, it does indeed look suitably epic.
Yeah, I sincerely hope that people use the adventures as resources and ideas, not just for play in LFR. That's definitely part of why I signed on to do Carceri in epic3-2 before the campaign's launch and it continued from there.

One question: most of the recent adventures that you link to don't seem to be available if you're browsing the Living FR page itself - I can't find them listed anywhere, save for the direct links in your posts. Why is that?
If I go to the main LFR page I find them fine when I do searches for epic3-1, epic3-2, etc. They're on that front page, though, not under Archived or anything like that.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
If I go to the main LFR page I find them fine when I do searches for epic3-1, epic3-2, etc. They're on that front page, though, not under Archived or anything like that.

Ah, that'd be it then; looks like I outsmarted myself in trying to figure out which sub-page they were on. :eek:

Remove ads