• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Episode II Coming to IMAX Theaters

Oberton

First Post
OT:Episode II Coming to IMAX Theaters

I know this has nothing to do with RPG's, but....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Episode II Coming to IMAX Theaters
September 09, 2002

Size Matters Not -- Except on an IMAX Screen
This holiday season, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones will be bigger than ever. Lucasfilm Ltd., The IMAX Corporation and Twentieth Century Fox have announced that Episode II will be coming to IMAX theaters in the United States and Canada starting November 1, 2002.

This is not just the projection of the standard theatrical print on an IMAX screen -- the movie will undergo the revolutionary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) process, which enhances the quality of the image and soundtrack to the huge IMAX 15/70 format. This marks the first time IMAX DMR has been used to re-master a film that was digitally captured and created.

"Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm. "For the first time, fans of Star Wars will be able to see all their favorite characters, environments, vehicles and droids in a setting that is up to eight stories high and over a hundred feet wide."

"The combination of Lucasfilm's innovative digital technology and the revolutionary, proprietary IMAX DMR technology will deliver the clear, crisp and sharp images and sound that IMAX theater-goers have grown to expect," says Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler, Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs for IMAX Corporation.

"You can't find a movie better suited for the IMAX format," adds Bruce Snyder, President, Domestic Distribution, Fox. "We are thrilled to bring this giant of a film to the giant IMAX screen."

Keep checking starwars.com in the coming weeks for more information about the IMAX release of Episode II.

Crothian

First Post
About time. I saw Episode 1 on and Imax, and see many of the big Holiwood blockbusters on Imax as well. It's a really cool experince.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Re: OT:Episode II Coming to IMAX Theaters

Oberton said:
I know this has nothing to do with RPG's, but....
Right, but that just means that it goes into a different forum...

Moved to Non-RPG Sci-Fi/Fantasy Discussion.

Staffan

Legend
Re: OT:Episode II Coming to IMAX Theaters

Oberton said:
"Star Wars: Episode II The IMAX Experience will provide an entirely new way to experience the Star Wars universe," says Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing for Lucasfilm.
Is this Jim "Drawmij" Ward, or some other guy who happens to have the same name?

Sulimo

First Post
Tallarn said:
Wish I lived in the US so I could see it...imagine that final lightsaber sequence at that size!

Whilst the announcement only noted Canada and the US, I'm sure it'll go wider. I know when it was first announced, it was mentioned that it would be on in Sydney. Although that might just be because it was made there.

Corinth

First Post
The Twin Cities has two IMAX theaters (one of which, sadly, is a seasonal one), so I will be there when it arrives in St. Paul.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads