Equivalent Exchange--Episode 2: Blood is Thicker

Raylis

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
An armed young man in a military uniform with dark hair and an eye patch appears from around a corner and slows his run to a brisk walk as he approaches the pair. He looks over the dark-haired woman before turning to the younger one.

"Elysia, what happened?" he asked, "Are either of you hurt?"

Elysia looks from the woman to Selim "I'm fine, I just came onto the scene myself.

She looks to the woman, "Which way did this armored man go?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Raylis said:
She looks to the woman, "Which way did this armored man go?"
The woman points onto some of the rooftops. Her voice is a bit tremulous. "He... he leaped up to the roof after causing the ground to explode! It must be alchemy!"

Raylis

First Post
Elyisa glances up the way the woman points, letting a knife slip into her hand "Let's go, Selim!" she says heding out of the alley.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Selim nodded. The soldier carried no pocketwatch, at least none that could be seen.

"Alchemy? Miss," he looks to the dark-haired woman, "If you are capable of doing so I'd like you to follow us to help identify your attacker."

With surprising speed Selim drew his pistol and followed Elysia.

"Elysia, if we should find the suspect and he resists arrest do not put yourself at risk. That is my job," he says with no small amount of authority in his voice.

Raylis

First Post
Elysia nodded, "Don't get to close to him, Selim. If he can do that much damage to the street and propel himself onto a roof then imagine what he can do to flesh."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The trio heads out in the direction that the attack's victim saw the enemy heading, though they are forced to divert because he had been jumping from rooftop to rooftop and they had to take the twists and turns of the streets into account. Still, they manage to see a silhouette in the distance as the suspect leaps over the fence into a restricted military-controlled area--too far for a pistol shot, Selim holds his fire.*

[SBLOCK=Lust]That's heading right towards the ruins of Lab 5. No surprise.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Elysia]From what Elysia remembers of the layouts of Central she studied from her father's things, there's a military prison there, and the ruins of the military's Laboratory 5.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Selim]That area contains several military buildings, a few warehouses, a prison, and the ruins of an old research facility.[/SBLOCK]

Festy_Dog

First Post
"There is a number of warehouses and the ruins of an old research facility in that area. There is also a prison, but I assume security would be too tight there for him to wander too close to it. The warehouses and ruins will make it more than a little difficult to find him if he decides to hide in there somewhere," Selim says to the other two as they make haste towards the restricted area.

He holsters his pistol.

"I should be able to grant us all access under the current situation, but you will have to stay close to me while inside."

An attempted murder caught in the act? Selim couldn't help but wonder if this suspect was the one he was looking for. If he caught him now it would mean weeks that could have been occupied by the investigation freed up for other important duties and lives saved that would have been cut short during the time it would have taken to track down the killer.

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
"How long will that take?" Elysia asks looking at the ruins, "He could get away while we're in there."

She turns to the woman accompanying them 'What did he look like, anyway?"

OOC: WB Rystil

Last edited:

Remove ads