• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eragon and/or Eldest by christopher poinini

fantasyfan

First Post
i have just finished reading Eldest and the end of the book really throws you for a loop if you get what i mean, i would of never guessed that Eragon had a brother let alone be Morzen's Son. Can anyone else agree with me? I have also found out if anyone would be concerned that the name of the last book of the series is named Empire. Could anyone tell me what is going to happen with the next book is it going to come out with the movie or is it coming out next year?
I still can't get over the fact that the author was only 15 yrs old when he wrote the first book.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
I knew Morzan's kid (what's his name?) wasn't dead from the beginning (duh). I knew as soon as the new rider appeared it was Morzan's son (still can't remember his bloody name; the author gave alot of clues and and really who else could it have been?). The only thing I didn't catch before it happened was that Morzan's son was Eragon's brother but in hindsight I should've guessed there would be some sort of Star Wars 'I am your father (Brother)' type of deal.

I enjoy the books but I'm really a little old for them (not that that stops me) but I'm going to finish reading and check the third book out of the libraury when it comes out.
I'd guess the third book will come out in 1-3 years.

fantasyfan

First Post
The name of Morzan's son was Murtagh which i think is a odd namebut anyway, u were right Aust Diamondew, that the author did give a lot of hint in the book cause i notest it when i reread the last few chapter of Eldest they tell u all over again everything that lead up to Eragon being to son of Marzan and that Murtagh was his brother.

Pylar

First Post
Eldest..or Empire Strikes Back

I read the frist book...bought the second and after reading the dust jacked, and the recap of the first novel..it's like Hey wasn't this the same plot as Star Wars? I mean a boy, who's Uncle gets killed and goes off to find revenge with some old 'Wizard' type. He happens to run into a girl that he rescues; A princess no less; that just happens to be involved with the rebels that are combating the big horrible evil empire. Then (And yes i haven't read Eldest yet) It seems that the hero of the tale is taking this second novel to learn how to use his powers. Go Luke...er Eragon..I'm having a problem telling the difference. Oh well I gotta give the author his props, I'm twice his age, and I haven't published anything. So keep writing...I look forward to what you will produce when you can come up with your own plots..

fantasyfan

First Post
Pylar said:
I read the frist book...bought the second and after reading the dust jacked, and the recap of the first novel..it's like Hey wasn't this the same plot as Star Wars? I mean a boy, who's Uncle gets killed and goes off to find revenge with some old 'Wizard' type. He happens to run into a girl that he rescues; A princess no less; that just happens to be involved with the rebels that are combating the big horrible evil empire. Then (And yes i haven't read Eldest yet) It seems that the hero of the tale is taking this second novel to learn how to use his powers. Go Luke...er Eragon..I'm having a problem telling the difference. Oh well I gotta give the author his props, I'm twice his age, and I haven't published anything. So keep writing...I look forward to what you will produce when you can come up with your own plots..

I never really thought of that but u r right it is quit weird i think that it The inheritacnce series has a lot of the same story bassis as Star Wars

Xath

Moder-gator
I havn't read Eldest, but I figured out that Murtagh was Eragon's brother halfway through Eragon. The book is predictable, but amazingly well written for a 15-year old.

He's in his 20's now, but still.

Xath

Moder-gator
Pylar said:

As I was reading Eragon, I could tell quite a few things that had influenced Paolini. Star Wars is obvious, but I also caught a fair amount of LotR and Wheel of Time in there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads