Escaping Violent Players

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Many years ago, I was playing a table top wargame called Chronopia, and my opponent was just having the worst luck I've ever seen. Seriously, it's been more than twenty years and I still remember how poorly he was rolling (even if I can't remember whether he was rolling high or low). As the game progressed, he continued to become more, and more agitated and slam his fist on the table knocking down miniatures and terrain. While I was a bit uncomfortable with the situation, I never felt as though he were threatening me. But I resolved never to play another game against him. No gaming is better than bad gaming.
Wargames can be really intense too. A few years ago I told one guy I didn't want to play against him anymore because of his violent antics. He sought me out a week later at the gaming store to physically intimidate me. He tried to swipe the glasses of my face. A good thing I was playing a game with a good friend. We both told him to leave and never talk to us ever again or we would call the police and file a complaint. Never saw him again.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
A teen whipping a d20 in anger I can understand - frustration + youth = occasional outbursts. But how many anti-social encounters have you had Marc_C?

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
@Marc_C It saddens me to hear of your experience. Looking like Zhukov's lovechild mostly people leave me alone, except when I do get hit, it is with something, like a 2 x 4 or bottle. I did do bouncer work in NYC at the Tunnel, that was awful.

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
D&D is just like any other hobby. It pulls in all type of people. Nice, Bad, Abusive, Paladins, Good merchants, rip off merchants, Druggees, Smokers, Sober, Religious, etc.

GuyBoy

Hero
Had a player come in to the pub setting once and hurl foul abuse at a female player over an issue external to the game, causing her significant fear and distress.
I took him outside and asked him firmly to leave and not return. I’m a rugby player, he wasn’t. He left.
Nonetheless it was a very sad and unnecessary incident.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases