• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eschton [mature] IC - Calling Arabesu

Voidrazor

First Post
OOC: Sorry I haven't updated the combat progression yet. Will do tomorrow at the latest.

Nephtys:
I forgot to mention the psi-web call from Tyrroth Khan Buddha. Despite him being an Autarch, the filters rate his contact request up with the two others.

Voidrazor

First Post
The ooze creature, which had lain quiescent for the last several moments, suddenly surges forward. It splashes against Serraphina's force field and continues up, barring the living passageway all the way to the ceiling. From its commanding height, a fat pseudopod arcs out slapping Sigil against the pulsating wall and burning her with acid (26 damage after DR). Worse yet, her glammered space-suit and mithril tunic dissolve. Perhaps the only bright spot is that though battered, burned, and unclothed, Sigil is finally able to perceive the "girl's" true form.[sblock=Sigil]
braincmi7.png
[/sblock]

Karnak shakes his head as if to clear it, then somersaults up to the towering gelatinous mass. He then unleashes a furious series of blows on the creature, moving faster than the eye can follow, and doing serious damage. Unfortunately, part-way through, his daggers melt into uselesness.

Unicorns 22
Serraphina 22
Sigil 22
Girl 13
Arhaux 12
Ooze Creature 25
Karnak 25

Vertexx69

First Post
Serraphina vainishes from within the cube of force without a gesture to appear at that same instant 20ft behind the "girl". She hovers in the middle of the passage without touching any of the walls, chain spinning menacingly in hand, just waiting for her opponent to make any kind of move.

OOC- use boots of teleport

Shayuri

First Post
(hee...I don't have Excel...the map is sadly unreadable to me :))

One of the unicorns starts to close in on the blob, when Sigil calls, "No! You'll only be dispersed too soon. Let the others fight. Concentrate on healing!"

The summoned feyhourses trumpet acknowledgement and seek out wounds to bathe in light from their horns...their purity and goodness like tiny grains of white in a vast dark sky...shining all the brighter for being surrounded by evil.

(They'll use their Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+5) SLA on the most injured party member, leaving any available melee spaces open for more capable warriors. :))

Voidrazor

First Post
One of the unicorns manages to touch Serraphina with its mystical horn (11 HPs healed) in the moment between her force field dropping and her teleportation to the far side of the 'girl'. The other magical equine stands on its hind legs in order to brush its master, Sigil, curing the visible damage of her acid burns (14 HPs healed).

Sigil 22
Girl 13
Arhaux 12
Ooze Creature 25
Karnak 25
Unicorns 22
Serraphina 22

OOC: You can get a copy of Open Office, which is a free office suite that is compatible with Excel, here.

Shayuri

First Post
(Missed the post, sorry!)

Cursing as her armor dissolves and spatters to the weird organic floor in hissing rivulets, Sigil seems to waver for a moment, mirage-like... at the same time, another image of her appears a good sixty feet farther down the corridor...placing the beast and the girl just inside the range of her elfbolts. The "new" Sigil then unloads another blast of silver-white magic at the strange monster masquerading as a girl. It hits with a sound like thunder and concussive force, as she hopes to knock it back into the acid of the ooze it had brought!

(Quickened Flee the Scene to 60 feet away from the beasty, so all enemies are in range of EB. It leaves a Major Image behind...however, since Sigil is invisible, I guess only the illusion would show up to sight. Of course, oozes have blindsight and the creature can probably see invis...so, meh. :) At least she doesn't have to be shy about losing her clothes. Using an Empowered Repelling Blast! Attack roll! 32 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1522062/ ranged touch. Damage! 37 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1522066/ +50% is +18 for a grand total of 55 damage. DC 27 Reflex save or be knocked back 1d6x10 feet. Ideally into the ooze...though it was standing on the ooze before, so that might not hurt it. Ah well. I believe it still takes damage from the knockback...1d6 per 10 feet...unless the ooze cushions it. Hee! :p )

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri OOC: Flee the Scene works like Dimension Door + the illusion. You can't take any actions until your next turn after using it, although I would allow immediate actions and AOO's. Do you just want to blast the ooze first?

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC-Not unless you have something thats giving you additional actions. you only get 1 free, 1 swift, usually 1 immediate, and either 1 full + a 5 ft step or 1 move and 1 standard. Activating a magic item is a spell completion action which counts as a standard. So using the D-door from an item is standard then you could move, but you couldn't D-door and blast without a special item.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads