Essen Game Fair starting tomorrow need more suggestiosn what to look at

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I have a looong list of games I want to look at. But more suggestions welcome. As we kinda live next door we usually bring home lots of loot.

Or if you want a new game looked at let me know. I'll post about what's new anyway (also goes if you are exhibiting and want a game reviewed).

Jhaelen

First Post
I have a looong list of games I want to look at.
Ooh, please do share! :)
Yesterday I noticed, I happen to have next week free while there's the SPIEL in Essen. I've never been there, yet, so this is an opportunity too good to pass up.
Right now I'm just wondering what would be the best day(s) to visit?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
It's this weekend, so yesterday was the first day. It is super crowded, more even than last year, and today will be worse, so usually Thursday would be best. I didn't really get to play much yesterday, I was mostly looking at rules. A whole lot of games I found interesting were 3 people and up, which isn't of much use to my husband and me as we mostly play alone.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Well there is always next year :)

Today was not as full as I thought it would be, at least not in hall3 where we exclusively stayed. We did check out 7-Wonders Duel, but while the game is fun enough to play, it is slightly too expensive for the amount of material supplied. Maybe if it drops below 20€ on the last day.

We got to play a whole lot of AMIGO games, and Potion Explosion from Horrible Games. Gives the feeling of being in Snape's class at Hogwarts. We bought it immediately. There is a slight issue with the marble holder, as it tends to let too many marbles out at times and then they fall out, and the first production run they are selling also had a manufacturing error or the thing so they got stuck, but they supplied a replacement cardbox cut out set to have a fixed one ready to play.

Still couldn't get a promo card for Dominion, retrying tomorrow.

Camera is broken though, so it looks like no images this year.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases