• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Essentials Books Binding

generalchaos34

First Post
I am wondering if it is because it came in a box, instead of being sold separately. By this i mean they made it out of a nicer material knowing that it wouldnt be manhandled on the book shelves until you opened the box and manhandled it yourself (and in a nicer manner too i assume). Idealy your open shelf books will need to be sturdier and made to look halfway decent under wear, since i assume that your average book at a bookstore has been thumbed through by dozens of people who had just eaten nachos and can tear phone books in half.

Scribble

First Post
HoTFL has the same binding as the RC... I think it just takes a little "breaking in" to get the binding to work right.

Scribble

First Post
Hmm...maybe so. The cover and paper stock are definitely different though.

Between HoTFL and RC or between those two and DM's kit?

I haven't seen the DM's kit, but it sounds like it's probably similar to the book in Gamma World?

I'm guessing they just use whatever printing package they use for GW. Probably all bought in some sort of standard package.

Probably helps keep the boxed set cost down, and ultimately since it's designed to be in the box (and at least in the case of DM's Kit, used less) it won't take as much of a beating.

All just guesses though.

Remove ads