• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ETA on the Wiki?

Merkuri

Explorer
I find that if this is the first time I've been to the wiki in a little while it'll give me the clearing cookies message. If I log in on that page and immediately click on the EN Wiki link again then it'll work. If I do anything other than that it'll just give me the clearing cookies message again.

Sharing my experiences in case it helps resolve the (only slightly annoying) problem.

Fredrik Svanberg

First Post
It's not slightly annoying to me. I don't want to edit the wiki as an IP number, I want to use a proper account. Is it possible to add a login box on the wiki so when I get logged out from the forum I can log back in at the wiki, instead of having to go back to the forum to log in and start the whole process over again?

Also, no matter what link I use, from the forum or from the news page, I get logged out. I will experiment a bit and see if I can find a pattern.

Ok, for the first time ever I didn't get logged out. It seems as if the link on the news article that opens up the wiki in a new window/tab (FF2) works and keeps the cookie data. Perhaps it works because the original tab is still "logged in" and keeps the necessary information in a session variable or something. I don't know how php works.

Ok, further experimentation seems to confirm my initial guess: when I closed the original window containing my logged in forum account, the wiki logged me off when I clicked on a link.

Last edited:

cougent

First Post
Michael,

I have had similar experience as the two posters above... essentially that it is a very "hit and miss" proposition as to whether I get logged out or actually get to the wiki... some certain weird combination of windows and links works, some don't... ever.

I am just reporting for clarification purposes, not as a complaint. Prioritize your own to do list and get to this whenever your time allows. If it matters, Windows XP SP3; FF3; ENW is fully allowed by all plugins.

Michael Morris

First Post
I modified the code to write the values necessary to confirm the wiki login to the $_SESSION after vbulletin authenticates (in short, I hacked it). The bug has went away on my Firefox and IE installations - confirmation that it is gone would be appreciated.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Didn't fix it for FF 2, which is unfortunatily what I have to use at work. I'll try again later with FF 3 at home.

Blackrat

Okay, I convinced our tech-guy to install me the new FF (actually I didn't even get to the end of my sentence telling him that I had FF2 on the 'puter before he was done :D), but it still clears all the cookies if I try to get to the wiki.

Michael Morris

First Post
Are you sure you have cookies enabled? That is, you checked off "remember me" when you logged in. Browser version can't make a different here, this is a server side issue. You're either transmitting a cookie or you are not.

Blackrat

Are you sure you have cookies enabled? That is, you checked off "remember me" when you logged in. Browser version can't make a different here, this is a server side issue. You're either transmitting a cookie or you are not.

Ah, yes. That was the problem this time :D. Didn't take that into account at work.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads