D&D 5E Everyone Should Play Custom Lineage by Default

Weiley31

Legend
They aren't the same thing.

They are a brand spanking new species called The Custom.

And they originate from a book. And the author forgot they only resemble.

Weiley31

Legend
The middle path! Then again, one might wonder why print rules at all? Just let DMs do what they please. I guess Wizards wouldn't get their $49.95 SRP if they didn't print anything.

Of course, we are literally arguing about pretend elves* so... you are correct.

*See what I did there (without realizing it when I was typing mind you)? Custom lineage elves = pretend elves. {mike drop}
But it was always a pretend elf. Its even walking out of the costume store with the mask.

Custom Lineage "Elf": Oh snap they on to me.

You dropped your receipt though!!

Weiley31

Legend
Although, I will say this, Custom Lineage would probably help with races that don't have specific designations. I've been thinking about how you can pretty much do a Hollow Knight 5E and use it for the bug races in it.

Remathilis

Legend
Took him long enough to respond.
7d3485c4da2f07ab824e691a66e69cc8.jpg

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Well I guess that's that. In any game using AL rules you can't be considered an elf or dwarf. For everything else, ask your DM.

hopeless

Adventurer
Well my wood elf cleric was born malformed so unless the people around her are elves or at least familiar with elves none of them are going to immediately recognize she's elvish.
Did I change anything after learning of these custom lineages?
No, I went with story instead.
She's an exile and the only change was with her background making her an Outlander swapping the instrument for a herbalist kit and the personality quirks I used the Far Traveller after all she's a native of the Feywild.
Is there such a thing as a half aasimar?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Well my wood elf cleric was born malformed so unless the people around her are elves or at least familiar with elves none of them are going to immediately recognize she's elvish.
Did I change anything after learning of these custom lineages?
No, I went with story instead.
She's an exile and the only change was with her background making her an Outlander swapping the instrument for a herbalist kit and the personality quirks I used the Far Traveller after all she's a native of the Feywild.
Is there such a thing as a half aasimar?
There is whatever you want to make. Jeremy's post only matters for when you make an Adventurer's League character you intend on taking to tables that aren't just your select group of friends. For any personal game you can make your PCs using whatever rules you want.

Remove ads