Evil, the TV show

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As I type this, I’m finishing off the pilot episode of Evil, a new show on CBS.

Gotta say...I’m definitely hooked. The show looks good, I liked the plot. I liked the cast.

Even though it’s clearly inspired by X-Files, it isn’t a true ripoff/clone. It also seems to have elements that were well-handled in the UK supernatural horror show, Apparitions.

Looking forward to see where they go with it,

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
When I saw the title, I was hoping, against hope, that it was a resurrection of a show that, apparently, I was the only person to ever watch.

G v E. (Good v. Evil). On the USA Network. It was surprisingly awesome, and I would love to see it rebooted.

You were not the only person to see it. My wife and I loved G vs E. You have to give props to a show with the guts to actually title its first season finale episode, "Cliffhanger".

(I would have put an exclamation point as emphasis, but it also would have looked like "Good vs. E!", which would be more about trying to take Keeping Up with the Kardashians off the air, or something.

Kaodi

Hero
Good enough that I am setting it up to tape weekly, though I think maybe I would get cold feet if it was two actors I did not know.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
G vs E was among several good shows USA took for a spin but didn’t keep. I was also a fan of The War Next Door.

If you missed it, it was about a retired CIA super-Agent who found his arch nemesis had moved into the house next door. Essentially, it was a live-action Spy Vs Spy from Mad Magazine.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That really does sound very X Files. Just replace "FBI" with "Vatican"?
More or less. The skeptical scientist is the woman, the believer is the Vatican priest in training. There IS a third character in the group, kind of an engineer who fills the role of finding the everyday mechanical reasons why spooky noises pop up here and there. Kind of like how the founding members of Ghost Hunters were both HVAC guys for their day jobs.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Much time passes...

And I find time to get around to this show, and it is excellent. I've watched all but the last episode of the first season, and quite glad I picked it up.

Remove ads