Pathfinder 1E Evolving Relationship w/ Intelligent Item

Fauchard1520

Adventurer
I'm GMing for a bladebound magus, and we're getting to the late campaign. He's finally come to an understanding with his intelligent scimitar: she wants to be wielded by the flashiest, most flamboyant warrior in the world, and he's taken dips in vigilante and swashbuckler to appease her. In that sense, he's "solved" the ongoing problem of the controlling ego of his weapon.

Here's my issue: How do you pay off that kind of relationship? It seems like a cheap move to have this scimitar continue complaining. By the same token, I'm not sure if giving the item free bonus powers for meeting its demands. It already levels up on its own after all. So how would you continue to keep this item relevant within the fiction? It's been an important relationship all the way to level 17, and I hate to see it recede into the background.

Comic for illustrative purposes.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I'm GMing for a bladebound magus, and we're getting to the late campaign. He's finally come to an understanding with his intelligent scimitar: she wants to be wielded by the flashiest, most flamboyant warrior in the world, and he's taken dips in vigilante and swashbuckler to appease her. In that sense, he's "solved" the ongoing problem of the controlling ego of his weapon.

Here's my issue: How do you pay off that kind of relationship? It seems like a cheap move to have this scimitar continue complaining. By the same token, I'm not sure if giving the item free bonus powers for meeting its demands. It already levels up on its own after all. So how would you continue to keep this item relevant within the fiction? It's been an important relationship all the way to level 17, and I hate to see it recede into the background.

Comic for illustrative purposes.
Competitions and courtship. If that magus isn't winning duels and hearts, he's not the flashiest nor most flamboyant. (And there's always someone better/younger out there...)

Fauchard1520

Adventurer
Competitions and courtship. If that magus isn't winning duels and hearts, he's not the flashiest nor most flamboyant. (And there's always someone better/younger out there...)

Hmmm... He did just renounce his birthright in favor of his brother.

It would be very funny if the sword forced the love triangle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases