Exclusive Contest! Todd Lockwood draws your character! [NO MORE ENTRIES!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Nighthawk

Nighthawk is a Kagonesti (wild elf). He stands about 5 1/2 feet tall. He has an almost Native American appearance to him. His body is covered in various tattoos and body art, each depicting an animal.

His most noticeable tattoo is that of a black hawk on his face. The wings go across his eyes, the tail on his nose, and the head rises from his eyes to his forehead.

Nighthawk is a beastmaster. Amongst his animals are a squirrel, a cougar, an eagle, a wolf, and a wolverine.

Nighthawk wears buckskins, with some fringe here and there. His boots have a white fur top.

Nighthawk's eyes are an eerie yellow color, hinting at death.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Tagar and Whitefang

I don't know if we can have more than one entry or not. If so, here's my second one. If not, then ignore this.

This may be a bit munchkiny, as it was one of my first characters.

------------------------------------

Tagar is a tiger-man, standing 5'4" tall. He appears as an orange bengal tiger, with a white stripe down his head. Tagar is accompanied by friend, companion, and steed - Whitefang. Whitefang is a white tiger.

Whitefang has a black saddle that lies on top of a brown fur saddle blanket. Black saddle bags adorn the saddle. Also, Whitefang has barding that goes up his back towards the top of his head. Note that Whitefang has no halter or reins.

Tagar wields two longswords, each one with a cat eye emblem. The one in his right hand is a bluish-white cat eye, that has a blue-white aura about it, generating cold. The other is a fiery red eye, with a fire aura about it.

Sinistar

Francis Greenleaf, Half-elf Bard.

Often known to his friends simply as "bard". As in, "hmm, looks dangerous, chunk the bard at it". Son of a druid/mage (elf) and a bar matron, Francis grew to adult hood in a small cross-roads inn. His mother taught him to sing, and he proved to be very adept at anything he put his mind to.

He began as your typical wandering adventurer, putting his hand to various tasks. It was not until after his mother died (old age) that he gave any thought to who or what his father might be.

Paying an exhorbitant rate to an old sage, he tracked down his father. The senior Greenleaf had known nothing of the boy. By this time he was the senior druid amongst his peers, and a powerful mage besides. As both Greenleaf's proved to be stubborn and arrogant, their first meeting turned into a wash.

For many years the two were at odds. Assisting each other in endeavors where needed, but unable to hold a pleasant conversation for very long. Francis accompanied his father (and friends) through Dragon Mountain where he earned the nickname of "bardic sheath". Any time someone's grip slipped on their weapon it seemed to find Francis...

Francis migrated across planes to the Forgotten Realms where he quickly became just another bard on a street corner in Waterdeep. However, adventures followed one upon the other until he became a recognized name amongst some of the better circles. Occasionally invited to sing and to play harp in some of the upper-middleclass homes, he began to be known for his skill and (often times) discression.

During one adventure he found one of the fabled "King's Tears". He immediately recognized it for what it was and squirrled it away. When the time came, he planned to offer it as a sacrifice to his god (Oghma) for his heart's desire.

While quick witted, Francis is often known to outsmart himself, and this was no exception. In seeking information about King's Tears, Francis found that they were often sacred to the church of Melikke. Francis took the gem to the church in Waterdeep and offered a deal. He would give them the gem if they would give him something of equal value to present to Oghma.

The priestess agreed and took the gem. She gave him the knowledge of a fabled harp that had been crafted by the god himself. It had been given to a faithful follower in the past, but due to its powers had been hidden from the god. By granting the gift, Melikke gave the knowledge back to Oghma. Francis (and friends) journeyed to the heart of the High Forest and secured the harp from the clutching hands of demons, Talos worshipers and undead.

Currently Francis is recovering from wounds and learning the powers of the great harp.

Francis is 5'4" about 140 pounds. Fairly slim with slightly curly shoulder length brown hair. He has a quick laugh and an almost inhumanly beautiful voice. (Nat King Cole or Jim Reeves good!)

Sinistar

Sebastian Van Der Gryphon, Priest of Cuthbert, Order of the Guardian Shield. (Cleric 6/ Divine Agent 3)

For 17 generations the Van Der Gryphons have been in the service of St. Cuthbert. An unbroken line of Priests, Paladins, Monks and other functionaries who have paid homage to the god of the Cudgel. Family history states that one of these ancestors fought along side St. Cuthbert before he ascended to godhood.

Sebastian was born only son to the great paladin Justin Van Der Gryphon. A bright child, he was often left in the care of his mother (and after her unfortunate death), or the local clergy as his father was off righting wrongs and providing order.

Growing up in the great man's shadow was sometimes dificult. Justin was a hard man, firm in his convictions and always correct about what the "right" way to do something was. Sebastian didn't rebel as such, he had a great love for the Lawgiver as well, but he felt that the cold justice of the church left something to be desired.

At a young age, Sebastian found an Order among the church that felt much as he did. The Order of the Guardian Shield felt that it was as important to protect those in St. Cuthbert's care as it was to destroy that which was evil. This order devote themselves to protecting all who need asistance, and to lifting up the downtrodden.

Not too long after Justin's death at the hands of fiends, Sebastian got his first calling to be a wandering cleric. He travelled the lands, often searching out writings of his father and holding a private debate with him in his own journalings.

However, among these travels, he heard the voice of St. Cuthbert clearly in his own heart. And found he was called to be Cuthbert's voice among the people. His sudden direct connection both proved what Sebastian had felt all along, and contradicted it. He found more often that the best way to protect those in his charge was to seek out those who would harm them and to destroy them. This dichotomy is at the heart of his internal turmoil, but to the outside world he remains staunch and devoted to his cause.

Sebastian stands 5'10" and is about 180. He wears a white enameled breastplate with the symbol of Cuthbert in the center. His Shield is probably the greatest treasure he holds. It is chevron and made of sturdy steel. It is also white enameled with the symbol of the order emblazoned on the outside in brass and steel.

Kaji

First Post
A Wonderful Thing, Thanks KaiLord!

Ahem.

I'm certain this will go no where, 'cause all the big folk ever do is yap and curse like sailors..but..I am Carlos the Red, the Blue, the EverFine to you...!!!! I'll not bore you with long tales of ancestral might, my people have been tending the earth and pulling the hoods down over the ears of the big folk longer than I care to imagine. It's enough to know that I see them rarely, if at all, but they are all good looking gnomes like myself, although a bit too...pedestrian...form my taste. And I don't mean that literaly, I'm not some ghoulish flesheater, not like some I've known.

The Red? The Blue? What's this, some inane gnomish rhyme? You would know when you felt the cool icy drip of my control slip over your being, when you started to march around in circles like my monkey friend is inclined to do. (A prehensile tale really does look useful, maybe I should look at getting one attached). Or when you felt the breath escape and clutch you...and you would find my kind, gentle eyes staring slowly at you, whispers of love and loss washing over you, driving you deeper, til there is no more you, and only I remain.

My robes are an unpleasant red and blue mix. I tried to have them died black, or white, or anything. I bought new robes several times. They always get...stained somehow when my talent manifests...hehehe...

I decided to shave my head, cause I was sick of having it trimmed. I'm not big on tatoos like some Mindbenders get, and I travel simply, not with some bag full of gadgets I'd have to spend all day fixing. What hair I've left is dark, dark, dark...but sometimes white. Those are nice days...

I can hear the whispering all the time, ALL THE TIME, so it's hard to live amongst anyone for any length of time. Short adventures, get some money, and remove the memories of everyone involved..that's my motto.

I hear there's this demon gate up in the far North, maybe you and I should head up there for a spell...just you, me, and my monkey friend?

[Psion 13]

At the last minute, as usual...

This was a character that I played in 2nd edition D&D. I played her from the time she ended up in Faerun until she raided the Keep (see below).

I ported her over to 3rd, which is what the description is based off of, but I only have history up to right before I started playing her in 3rd edition.

Well, here goes...

Physical Appearance

T’aria is one of the rare cambions (half fiend, half human) that survived to adulthood. When first met, she would be constantly mistaken for a satyr… except for the fact that there are no female satyrs, and satyrs are not six-foot-one in height. Her fiendish heritage is difficult to hide in her physical appearance, although she can do so from all except the most observant when she wishes. She has 3-inch forehead horns, goat legs complete with cloven hooves, slight fangs noticeable when she smiles, and claws that even when retracted are often noted as unfashionably long and sharp fingernails. Ignoring those physical attributes, she has the appearance of a rather attractive human female of about 24 years of age (though she is truly over 100). T’aria has long, thick curly black hair with striking deep red highlights shot through it. Her hair falls past her waist, and is naturally falls into that attractive, semi-wild, tumbled curls state many women struggle to achieve. She will often plait small silver and crystal beads into it using small, hardly-noticeable braids for an accent. She always has at least two tiny, (unnoticeable in the wild mass of hair) finger-length poisoned silver daggers in sheaths that are braided into the mass of hair above her shoulders. Naturally, these are “Just for emergencies.”

While in her home city of Sigil or elsewhere where her demonic heritage is not a cause for immediate panic, T’aria generally wears more daring attire consisting of a black leather shorts that reveal her legs and cloven hooves, as well as a leather-and-silk top. The top is a simple band of black leather wide enough to cover her ample chest with a network of thin straps to hold it over her shoulders. A foot-wide length of silver-grey sheer silk is sewed to the bottom of the leather, in effect covering her torso from just below her chest to her waist. The overall effect is of the top half of a babydoll teddy, or some similar form of lingerie. One of her companions once wondered aloud which succubus she had robbed for her wardrobe.

When T’aria travels on the Prime Material Plane (where people are generally less accepting of her heritage than the Planes, and her home city of Sigil), she generally uses her skills at disguise along with many years of practice to assume the appearance of a ‘normal’, though highly exotic, human. While in disguise, she rarely utilizes her full six-foot-one height, instead opting to stand about five foot nine, allowing to her legs (and extensive practice) to alter her apparent height. She generally wears a unique headband studded with three-inch spikes that are set two inches apart and are slightly curved to match her forehead horns perfectly. Two of the ‘spikes’ are missing, and there are holes in the headband to correspond to where they would be set; when the headband is on and her horns are through the holes, it is nearly impossible to tell that it is anything other than an unusual piece of jewelry. A full, floor-length gypsy-like skirt conceals her legs and hooves. From the waist up, however, she generally wears much more daring attire – a form-fitting black leather vest, low-cut (and laced only far enough to barely be acceptable in public) is one of her favorites.

There is only one part of her appearance that is only rarely hidden when she travels to the Prime Material Plane. On T’aria’s right arm, she has a large design with geometrically precise and complex curves and twists tattooed to her skin. The design flows from the top of her forearm down, gradually spreading until it wraps completely around her arm at her wrist, where it ill-conceals (but serves to distract from) an old scar, which appears to have been the result of her wrist being nearly completely severed at some time in the past. The tattoo narrows and continues over the top of the back of her hand to her middle finger, on which she wears a silver ring set with a large gem that appears to be a black diamond the same smoky colour as her tattoo. The ink used replicates that smoky shadow-grey that true shadows have; and if one looks too long at the tattoo, it seems to shift slightly with her movements and breath as if it were truly a shadow projected onto the skin. When asked, T’aria merely shrugs and says it is simply a well-done tattoo – nothing more, nothing less.

Although her physical appearance is the most noticeable, T’aria has other, less blatant, traits inherited from her demonic sire. When she becomes angry, her eyes change from their normal cat-like green to a deep red, and seem to glow slightly. Her claws become excruciatingly noticeable (as she either cannot, or does not, retract them), her horns lengthen to between five and six inches, and she is surrounded by the smell of the Abyss – sulfur and brimstone. However, few people have seen her descend deep enough into anger to the point of her losing control, and fewer still have lived to tell the tale.

History

T'aria was born in Sigil, City of Doors, in the Outer Planes. She grew up on the streets of the Hive, one of the least savory areas of the city. Having no memory of her parents, and having the phrase “cursed spawn of the lower planes” flung at her many times, she was forced to do what she could to survive as it was clear that no help was forthcoming. Most of her childhood was spent in a struggle of survival, of attempting not to be noticed by those stronger than she, by living off of the scraps of others, and stealing from those who would not care, or would not notice. Somehow, she escaped the notice of the Thieves’ Guild in Sigil until she was 25, when she made the mistake of lifting a fat purse from one of the higher-ranking members of the Guild. The guild member, surprised at the young cambion’s audacity and self-taught skill (cambion being the name half-fiends such as herself were called), he sponsored her into the Guild. Always a dexterous individual (of both body and mind), T’aria took the training the Guild offered and rose through the ranks rapidly. As she grew more confident in her skills, she also became more confident of her wishes – to be Guildmaster of the entire Thieves’ Guild in Sigil. However, skill can only take one so far in the Guild’s hierarchy, and after she reached that glass ceiling her promotions became more and more often assisted by the mysterious resignations or deaths of those ahead of her. Although many suspected her helping her superiors to meet their gods or for blackmailing them into resigning, no evidence was ever found to indicate her in any such doings. Nonetheless, any direct superior of hers felt it wise to watch their backs, and their secrets, carefully.

In her 40th year (cambions being nearly as long-lived as their fiendish parent), T'aria was inducted into the second-highest rank of the thieves' guild (once again aided by the untimely and mysterious resignation of her immediate superior). As a member of the Shadows, T'aria was shown the history of the guild and its secrets. She was surprised to discover that the guild was headed by clerics of Mask, Lord of Shadows and God of Thieves, and was functioning as a sort of church in the heart of Sigil. This was something that the Lady of Pain, the ruler of Sigil, had forbidden - the founding of a church in her city. Historically, all others who had tried had been very swiftly punished by the Lady's harsh justice. However, the Lord of Shadows was well known for insinuating His influence into places where He wasn't wanted. As there was no actual church structure it was doubtful that the Lady even knew of the ‘church’ comprised of Mask's priests within Sigil.

T’aria was fascinated by the tenets of the God's faith, and swiftly became an acolyte Demarchess (Demarchess being a female cleric of Mask, Demarch being a male cleric of Mask). Mask seemed to favor her, for she quickly became a powerful priest, even by the standards of the eldest Demarchs. Her meteoric rise in power and rank made many of the clergy nervous, for all knew she was eyeing higher ranks... and all recalled the convenient resignations, deaths, and disappearances of those who stood in her way before. The highest Demarchs met with the Guildmaster discussed what to do about the growing threat. It was decided that they could not risk having her outright killed, as Mask quite obviously greatly favored her, and none wished to go directly against His favored. For the moment there was a standoff - T'aria had not directly or indirectly moved against any of them as of yet, but all felt she would within the next two years at a minimum. So, she was set a task that they hoped would occupy her for a good deal longer... and, if Tymora smiled upon them, would finish her threat for them.

Cyric, God of Tyranny, Madness, Murder and Lies, and one of Mask's main adversaries, drew a great deal of his power from his worshippers on one of the Prime Material Planes named Faerun. Most of those were gathered in a place called Zhentil Keep. T'aria was sent to investigate this Zhentil Keep, and to see if there was anything she could do to sabotage or subvert worshippers from Cyric. She knew she was being ordered to an absurd and hopeless quest, but dared not refuse. She knew that the fear the other Demarchs felt was such that had she refused, there was a good chance they would simply risk having her killed instead. Although this was obviously meant as a suicide mission, there was the possibility that she could find a way to survive until she was powerful enough to return and challenge the ones who had sent her on the quest.

A portal was located that would send her to the tunnels and caverns underneath Zhentil Keep - a very carefully researched portal. It was activated, and T'aria stepped through to find herself in a dark cavern that stretched off into the darkness in either direction. After taking a few moments to investigate, she came to the conclusion that the portal was, as she had suspected, one-way. Blessing the demonic blood that allowed her to see even in the pitch black of the tunnels, she set off. After walking for but a short time, there came from ahead of her sounds of battle, echoing down the tunnels, along with flickers of light from torches. Slipping into the shadows cast by the torches, she moved forward to see a group of humans and elves battling a small horde of undead. Calculating quickly, and glad now she had taken the time to don clothing that would disguise her as human, she stepped up to assist the adventurers.

After the battle had been won, she discovered to her chagrin that one of the adventurers was a Paladin of Helm, God of Guardians. Hiding her holy symbol (the half-mask that all the faithful of the Lord of Shadows wear), T'aria introduced herself and told her story… or rather, she told a story. She said that she had been bound out of Sigil, and she had been shown a portal and told that it led to Faerun. Stepping through, she had discovered herself in a place she did not wish to be – in these tunnels. Experimentation had shown her that the portal she had traveled through was one-way, so she was now stranded with way to currently return to her home city, and no way to the surface but wandering the tunnels. As T'aria had suspected, the simple-minded Paladin readily accepted her story, backed up as it was by his truth-detecting spells. She had told the utter truth… of course, she had left a few details out, but that was immaterial. Several of the others in the party were not so trusting, as she overheard (when they thought they were out of hearing). However, she also overheard that the Paladin could not detect for evil while the group was underneath Zhentil Keep, as he had attempted earlier and had nearly been blinded. Apparently, the very walls radiated evil.

Confident for the moment of her safety, T'aria requested that she be allowed to travel with the group, at least until they could reach the surface. They agreed, introduced each of themselves, and described their purpose in the tunnels. It turned out that the group (calling themselves The Lords of the Crimson Flame) was after a Holy Sword for the paladin that was rumored to be down here somewhere. There was a great war brewing on the surface between all the goodly races and the goblinoid races, and these adventurers were to be part of the forces to combat the enemy. Currently, they were on a mission to gather all the artifacts and magic that they could find that would assist in the upcoming battles.

After recovering the paladin's holy sword (although not without quite a few battles in which T'aria endeavored to make herself useful and earn their trust), the party left the caverns and teleported back to "Zan's Keep" - the Keep currently being built by the defacto leader of the resistance versus the goblinoid armies. Once there, and introduced to the Gold Elf Bladesinger Zantriel Silverymoon, she was told more of the current situation. The army that was massing had attracted nearly every goblin, hobgoblin, kobold, orc, and like races in the northern reaches of Faerun, and a good deal from the south. It was rumored that they were being led by a race of oddly militant, intelligent orcs that called themselves the "Scro".

Deciding she would get no better chance to ‘hide’ until she could amass enough power to challenge those who sent her here (and seeing the riches that the half-built Keep-in-progress already boasted) she offered her abilities as a scout to Zantriel. Seeing as they knew little about the Scro and their army, and had only very few true scouts, he accepted. Soon thereafter, Zan and several of his lieutenants (collectively known as the Silverlords, their old adventuring company name), decided to travel abroad attempting to gain new allies for the upcoming battle. T'aria joined them for the time being, as they would possibly come across enemy encampments or movements, and she would have a good chance to scout them out there. At least, that is what she told the Silverlords. Good luck seemed to hover about their leader, Zan - and the trip looked to be a profitable one, which had much more to do with her decision than any desire to help did.

T'aria traveled with the Silverlords on and off for close to four years. She did do a decent amount of scouting of the enemy - her skills at stealth far surpassing the security of the Scro's troops, although the Scro camps themselves were quite a bit more challenging. However, the more she learned, the more she believed that Zan's ragtag "army" of adventurers, elves, and some few squads of humans were far outclassed when it came to the Scro. Zan's troops were outnumbered at least 20 to 1. Faced with the unfailing optimism from most everyone else that the Scro would be defeated, she knew that no plans would be made for possible failure. As such, T’aria took a few steps to ensure, at the very least, her own survival. Doing a bit of research, she found a nearby portal that led back to Sigil... one that she could activate from this end. Unfortunately, the portal was one-way – she could not come back to Faerun this way. Normally, that wouldn’t matter – but she could not tell where exactly the Portal let out to, besides just “the Hive in Sigil” and she also couldn’t step through a little ahead of time to set things up on that end for her plans. But, still considering it lucky that those born in the City of Doors had the innate ability to sense portals to other Planes, she lifted a few maps of the surrounding area from the Keep and plotted the fastest and easiest course between the two.

It was another year before the armies began clashing in earnest. And it was 6 years after T'aria was all but exiled to this Prime when what she had been expecting finally came. The Scro armies were marching across everything placed in their path. The Silverlords were spread across the continent, desperately attempting to slow the tide, and Zan was attempting to implement one last-ditch effort to block the destruction sweeping the continent.

A contingent of Scro broke off from the main deployment and turned their march toward Zan’s Keep, having no doubt discovered that it was the safehold of one of the main generals of the opposition. Zan, or course, was not in residence – but the Keep had been being used as a barracks and training ground for new troops, and was thus a target. T’aria was one of the first to hear that the Scro were marching – and implemented the plans she had been making. Obviously, this minor little Prime Plane was going away rather soon, and she needed to be on her way back to Sigil for some important, unfinished business. As the half-trained troops gathered and attempted to prepare for the approaching enemy, she prowled her way into all the vaults, storehouses, and personal quarters of the Silverlords, picking up items that she had mentally marked over the past few years. A store of Bags of Holding and Portable Holes (easily lifted off of the Silverlords and the Lords of the Crimson Flame, each of which had expanded from simple adventuring companies into elite special forces units, as well as various other personages) carried whatever she deemed worthwhile to take. As a special ‘favor’ to Dan, Zan’s best friend and general ranking only below Zan himself, T’aria very carefully disarmed all the traps in the paranoid elf’s room, examined them for worn components, and replaced them as she left… taking everything of value in the room. Just in case the Keep should survive.

The fighting was drawing near to the Keep when she left, easily slipping past elven, human, and Scro scouts alike. Arriving at the Portal, she activated it with a quickly recited phrase. Without a glance backward, she stepped home.

Luckily, the portal led to an inconspicuous spot, and she was able to slink off without being noticed, using all her skill to do so. She contacted a few people that she knew in the Guild, and discovered that nothing had really changed in the years she had been gone. The meeting hall was in a different location, but that was moved twice a year or so anyway. She sold and traded most of what she had gained from the Keep for cash and items much more useful to her, and started making plans for dealing with the Demarchs and the Guildmaster.

So it was 3 days later that when the Demarchs and Guildmaster of the Thieves’ Guild gathered to discuss the month’s business, they found T’aria sitting in the new meeting hall (which had been locked, trapped both mystically and mundanely, and guarded magically and physically just a few minutes before). She was sitting at her ease, hooved feet up on the grand table, a glass of fine Baatorian wine from the sideboard in her hand. She smiled at them, fangs not too visible, and with her off hand whipped a poisoned dart in the direction of the Guildmaster. It took him in the throat and he dropped like a vrock on a hound archon.

“Now that I have taken care of that nasty little bit of business,” T’aria removed her feet from the table and leaned forward so her elbows were resting on the table, wineglass to her right, fingers steepled in front of her face, “let’s take care of this month’s business, shall we?”

The fact that she was sitting at the head of the table, in the Guildmaster’s own chair, was not lost on any of the Demarchs gathered in the room. With bows ordinarily reserved for the Guildmaster, and faces showing no more emotion than they always did, the others took their places around the great table. Leaning back slightly, T’aria pushed the button mounted underneath the table that summoned the guards stationed outside the great double-doors of the room. When one of them stepped inside, she gestured at the body laying in the middle of the floor. “Have that garbage disposed of promptly.”

The guard briefly glanced around the great table, then bowed to her. “Yes, Guildmistress.”

T’aria headed the Guild for close to 50 years. Then, one day for no reason, no reason at all, Mask abandoned her.

T’aria awoke with a jolt. Fearing an assassination attempt, she rolled off her lavish bed onto a certain “safe” spot on the nightingale floor, while piercing the darkness with her demonic darkvision. Seeing nothing, and no one, in the room, she attempted to activate one of the many protective spells she had cast on herself – only to discover all her protective spells had failed. Fearing the worst, she chanted a brief word and gestured, attempting to cast a simply light spell. Only to have it fail. And worse yet… to not even feel the power answer her call. Growing desperate, and reluctant to move from her location until she discovered what had awoken her, she reached along the link to her God… only to repel herself in shock. She touched Mask, yes, as she had many times before – but instead of the normal, mildly affectionate (much as one would feel affectionate towards a possession) presence she normally contacted, she instead touched… something else. Something undeniably Mask – but cruel, and amused. As if He had been just waiting for her to reach out, she felt another surge of amusement – and then, nothing. Her divine connection to her God was severed. T’aria fell to her hands and knees in shock as pain lanced through her, the pain of a High Priestess being severed from her deity.

She was indeed lucky that there was no assassin waiting in the wings, as she would have been an easy target for those several minutes she lie, panting, on the floor.

After she recovered, T’aria quickly gathered a few of her things, and activated the bracers she had kept to dimension door herself out of the room. As the glowing doorway opened before her, the door to her room opened behind her. Glancing behind herself as she stepped forward, T’aria noticed several of the Shadows, along with a few Demarchs and Demarchesses stepping into the room. The glowing portal closed behind her just as one started casting and several produced weapons.

She sighed and turned to the Planar Portal her dimension door had deposited her in front of and sighed. “Well, I lost them on this Prime before,” she murmured, recalling the first time she had been to Faerun. “At least this exile is by choice… at least until I find out what happened.” She activated the Portal and stepped through. “Hopefully, they’ve rebuilt by now…”

Da Man

Explorer
Vito of the Dwarves (as he called himself)

Vito is an average-sized Halfling with a bit of a dark streak. His slightly-oiled, black hair is smoothed back over his head, cut just above his shoulders. He wears a loose-fitting shirt that just barely reveals a tattoo on his chest (naught but a jagged, black edge of whatever lies beneath shows through) and just barely conceals several daggers hanging from his waste. For pants, he wears tight fitting breeches that do little to hide another dagger strapped to his leg. He wears no boots or shoes, as he needs his toes for the various ‘tasks’ he does during his normal day. Most striking of all are his jet-black eyes and thinly cut eyebrows. Although small, Vito does not appear to fit the innocent Halfling mold.

Vito walks about, seeming to be without a care in the world. His lack of fear (or common sense as his comrades have been known to say) has caused more then one mishap in his life (although the effects are frequently laid on someone else’s shoulders.) Vito has an acute realization of the value of his own needs and desires, believing that if he isn’t looking out for them, no one else will. Indeed, if something does not obviously affect him, he is unlikely to give a hoot about it (unless, of course, it might put some change in his pocket.) And so, he is rarely called to action by his fellow comrades during the regular course of an adventuring day. On most occasions, Vito’s input is viewed as ‘let’s make a decision that benefits Vito, without a single care for its effects on the rest of the world.’ Indeed, many of his stalwart companions are forced to monitor this little halfling’s behavior, as he is not above doing things that others find squeamish (or, to step out of Vito’s mind, unethical and immoral=).

That said, when the going gets rough, his comrades are quick to call on Vito for his bravery, his skills and his loyalty. Newcomers to his band are very slow to trust in Vito. He gives them no reason to do otherwise. But, those long-standing companions know that the little rogue is rarely in the frame of mind to be taken seriously, but when all of Hades is breaking loose, companions are falling to the onslaught of the enemy and the day seems lost, it is Vito who will risk his own life to see that all make it safely away (which he has done on more then one occasion!).

And so, this last trait can be known as Vito’s Bane. For, within the vile rooms of some cavern of stone, Vito fell. Although Vito often joked about how such a motley crew of humanoids could have the gall to call this old garbage-pit-of-stone a ‘Temple of Elemental Evil’ or even that these self-proclaimed priests walked around feeling important for having a home in some god-forsaken den of foul creatures, one of their groups brought Vito to his end.

You see, Vito was quite a lady’s man. In fact, he often talked about the various races he had romanced and spent much of his hard-earned loot on wooing more. His exploits (he claimed in the bedroom, although others said it was his adventuring through the land), attracted a most hideous Halfling lass as a cohort. She could never be satiated and Vito spent much of his time hiding from her or trying to pawn her off on some of his comrades. Matilda, as she was called, was an overweight Halfling lass that wore naught but a g-string and had a greasy little rat as a familiar. Although Vito was never known for his tastes, this lass soon proved too much for him. Still, she remained his cohort and they traveled together into the ‘Caverns of Gold and Madmen’, as Vito called the Temple.

On one fateful evening, a great battle erupted and it soon became apparent that his group was no match for the likes of this enemy. As all made their way to flee, Matilda fell to a most devilish spell. Without a thought, Vito returned and made good on attempting to save the pig-like lass. Cloaked in invisibility, he administered what aid (potions) he could to the faltering she-thing (she was in the negatives) and brought her back from the brink of death. As she made good her escape, Vito locked in battle with the most fearsome foe of the enemies, giving her some time. Vito fell that fateful day, deep within that pit, and walks no more.

But, there are those who hope to one day find but a portion of his body and perhaps restore him to his former self. You can be sure that Vito will have a reckoning on his mind with one armored Troll that has quite a stink to him.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Frederick of Edgewater

Frederick of Edgewater
Ftr 2/Wiz 7/Spellsword 2

Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 10

Physical appearance: Frederick is a stern looking man of slightly shorter than average height and strong build. His light brown hair is wavy and tends to refuse all non-magical attempts to comb or manage it. A Van Dyke adorns his chin obscuring four faint evenly spaced scars along his left cheek.

Equipment:
He wears a headband of intellect designed to resemble the holy symbol of Pholtus (An emerald crescent moon in front of an alabaster moon) and openly wears a finely made suit of mithral chain shirt. His primary weapons are a silver-chased darkwood handled glaiveand a jet black longsword that seems to absorb the light as if the blade were made of darkness itself but he wears a wand on one hip as well. A plain white tabard with gold embroidery along the bottom and a shield made from the shell of a giant turtle complete the ensemble.

History:
Frederick is was born in a small town on the edge of the Troll Fens in the theocracy of the Pale and grew up driving his grandfather's cattle to market. Intrigued by the possibility that Pholtus had given humans powers over nature, he also spent time studying with the Arcanist's Guild in Wintershiven when cattle drives took him into the city.

His career of adventure began when his grandfather sent him south to investigate the cattle market in Hatherleigh and he came to a small town where some local wanna-be adventurers had vanished investigating the ruins of an evil temple. With some trustworthy companions, he investigated the ruins of the temple and found that the cultists buried alive when the Knights Valorous collapsed the entrance had not simply starved to the death in the darkness but had been animated by the forces of darkness.

As time went on, he learned to master the magic he began learning in Wintershiven and learn how to merge it with his skill at arms. Now he is a stern crusader for justice from his home in the Theocracy of the Pale to the Duchy of Urnst.

WYCEN ADAMANTITE

Wycen was born from a nymph and rogue drow of House Eilserv who had been banished to the surface. Surviving sight of her the drow ravished her and left. Vhaerun, the drow god of males, looked upon this act with approval and kept the nymph from willing herself to die until she gave birth.

Wycen is sinfully handsome half elf, with uncharacteristically white hair, supremely confident in his abilities as a thief and psionicist. He has a long list of names for himself: Warlock, Guildmaster, Concubine to Trin and Nishta, Sorcerer's Supreme, Father, High Laymen, etc etc.

While he wears leather armor, it's mostly for style and generally relies on his psionic abilities or vast array of magic items for protection. His favored weapon is a weapon he liberated from an armory in the abyss, a planar broadsword, though he's just as likely to use a psychic blade to do the job.

Last edited:

DAFT

A dark haired half-elf born into a poor family in Perrenland, he eventually moved to the Sultinate of Zeif where he eventually joined the preisthood of Xan Yae, in order to avoid loosing his hand for picking pockets.

A cleric by need and rogue at heart, Daft's real name was left behind as he found himself in the windy caves of Pandemonium for a time with a group of individuals who'd often mistake him for some character named Burke.

He travels about trying to "keep the balance", an idea he admittedly sometimes can't quantify, but he has faith his goddess knows what she wants him to do.

Daft often wears a chain shirt of hauberk, and has become proficient in the chosen weapon of Xan Yae, the falchion. He often wears rings, medallions or other charms he "finds" during his various activities.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads