D&D 5E Exclusive D&D Next Campaign available at Gen Con Only

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
I like the art, but I keep thinking "what are the characters doing? Is the dwarf hitting the air? What's happening with the eyes of the two figures with staves? What is the elf aiming at? Is the fighter ordering a charge off the cliff? Who is the rogue dodging?"
Same for me. I really like the style of the art, but this just screams "let's all pose for a picture!" If not, is the dwarf committing suicide? What is everyone else doing? It's just a very "look how badass I am" picture that leaves me thinking "if you have to pose to make people think you're a badass, then you're not." I'd rather them show it by action, not poses, and I feel like this picture is just them posing to look cool.

Again, though, I really, really like the style of the art. I hope they stick with it.

Iosue

Legend
I'm pretty confident that the adventures will eventually be available. This is essentially a souvenir. It has to have new content, though, because if it was just a cheaply bound version of the playtest rules no one would buy it.

Iosue

Legend
I suspect we'll get an updated packet in June, probably with new races, items, adventures, but no major overhauls to the rules. They seem to release these things every couple months, so after an update in June we'll probably see a full packet in August, probably released during GenCon or immediately thereafter. This might be closer to a full beta version, which will then be refined over the following six to nine months, before full release at GenCon 2014.

Purely my speculation, though.

Remove ads