• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exotic Weapons

sniffles

First Post
One of my GMs is running an NPC who uses a three-legged stool. He has a glove of storing, and he just whips out the stool whenever combat looms. The GM patterned the character after a character in one of Stephen Brust's books, apparently. :lol:

painandgreed

First Post
One of the thieves in our group bought a fishbat while in a fishing town picking up supplies. Later he had to use it to kill a rust monster while all the fighters were running in terror.

Runesong42

First Post
A previous post reminded me of something really funny. Same d20 Modern campaign... I let leak that vampires can be injured by silver weapons. My new player instantly comes up with a unique garotte: silver-plated chicken wire to "choke out" the vampire scum. Technically, one can't suffocate an undead, but the idea was so inventive that I decided he could just saw offf their heads instead using the same mechanic. That campaign rocked. :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
A player in an old group was temporarily obsessed with using a cinder block on a chain as an exotic weapon. This in itself wasn't so odd (he also wanted to play a killer clown jedi in a non star wars campaign) but it led to some amusing tweaking of a member of the group who was an architect and hated the term 'cinder block' because they are concrete blocks, damn it....

Remove ads