• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expeditious Retreat Press announces it's "cool."

I'm glad to say that A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe PDF is the #1 selling PDF of the month of May at RPGnow.com!

This is the first time, since it was released on Feb 20th, 2003. Yep, that's right... a PDF that's 2.5 months old is the best seller for the month. (although we feel the onslaught of the druids and the gnomes :))

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's bought the PDF so far (hey it's only $6 dollars now) and remind everyone that you can buy the hardcopy version from our website.

And Mr. Kushner gave us our first hardcopy review HERE.

joe b.

*who just probably jinxed himself*

Just having finished reading this (review should be up at d20 Magazine Rack in a day or so), I have to say I think it's one of the best products I've read lately.

Nope there's not a single feat, spell, skill, or prestige class in it (ERP slipped and put in one template, though), but I probably got more real material for my game from it than any two other gaming products I own combined aside from the core rulebooks.

"Fantasy gaming" and "realism" aren't terms that should collide in the same sentence, but this book allows you to come pretty darn close -- I'm glad I didn't have to do all that research!

Good job, ERP!

annadobritt

First Post
This I think is the best product to come out where it concerns building cities, kingdoms and manors.

Can't wait for my print copy. :D

xrpsuzi

First Post
Thanks!

Olgar Shiverstone said:
If you must (makes me sound like a raving fanboy ;) ); or you can quote the review.

I'm not sure we are a big enough company to have fanboys yet, but if we get there, you'll be the first on our list :)

Thanks for the review. We'll be sure to put a link from our website and plaster the 4.6/5.0 whereever we can get away with it :D

-suzi

by the way.... does Magazine Rack usually submit its reviews to EN world's review section? I know I've seen some reviews double posted, but I wasn't sure if it was the standard MO of the webzine.

Last edited:

Re: Thanks!

suzi yee said:

by the way.... does Magazine Rack usually submit its reviews to EN world's review section? I know I've seen some reviews double posted, but I wasn't sure if it was the standard MO of the webzine.

They get filtered over here eventually, when Ghostwind gets the time. I expect there's a bit of a backlog -- he's been looking for a volunteer to take up the cross-posting task, but I don't know if he's found one yet. He's also looking for another staff reviewer, if anyone feels like volunteering.

annadobritt said:
Received the print version this week and it is excellent. Now I can mark up the printout of the pdf to my heart's content.:D

Yep, all the pre-orders are out and should already be in their respective new homes.

And thanks to everyone for making our PDF sale a big hit, cause for the first time, we're also the #1 Hotseller at RPGnow.com. So drop by RPGmall.com and order A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe now while they're running a special where the first 100 orders get a free copy of Darwin's World.

I don't know how many copies of DW are left for the RPGmall.com promotional, but I have DW on my bookshelf and it's a nice product. I also have a MMS:WE on my shelf. Okay, i have hundreds...... :) please help.

joe b.

Remove ads