• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expeditious Retreat Press: Great d20 products, Great People

Nice in person, too. I got to speak with them both briefly at GenCon. Good customer service goes a long way, and when you've got consistently great products, it's a heck of a combination.

I gotta get off my butt and do a review for Silk Road.

Treebore

First Post
I enjoyed my brief conversations with them at GenCon as well. Good people and excellent products. Silk Road rocks and I like their monster books, even bought the Fiery Dragon counter boxes to go with them. Very cool.

Plus even though I picked up my last order from them at GenCon (their Christmas in July sale) Suzi had all my books individually wrapped in Christmas paper with several hand written messages letting me know they appreciate my business. Very nice touch.

Joe,
Let whoever it was who decided on the art/pictures in Silk Road did a really good job. When I am reading the material and then look at the pictures it really adds to what I am reading. Not so much in an informative way, but it somehow adds to how "real" the info is. Hope you get what I mean. It really hit me when I was reading the "Falling Rocks" and "Over the Edge" and looked at the pictures on those two pages. It really helped me "see" how these hazards could happen, with real life pictures. Then the pictures continued to add to the content as a read through the book.

Treebore said:
Joe,
Let whoever it was who decided on the art/pictures in Silk Road did a really good job. When I am reading the material and then look at the pictures it really adds to what I am reading. Not so much in an informative way, but it somehow adds to how "real" the info is. Hope you get what I mean. It really hit me when I was reading the "Falling Rocks" and "Over the Edge" and looked at the pictures on those two pages. It really helped me "see" how these hazards could happen, with real life pictures. Then the pictures continued to add to the content as a read through the book.

Suzi takes all the credit for that as she choose all the art. Silk Road was pretty much all her baby like Beast Builder was pretty much all mine.

joe b.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Likewise, my experiences with XRP have been positive. And (of course) their books are outstanding.

There are still a couple of the Monster Geographica titles I want to get. Hmm. . . :)

Glyfair

Explorer
Expeditious Retreat Press is not on the top of my list of companies to look at their products when I'm in a buying mood. The reason is simply that they produce mostly products that don't fit my current gaming needs. They have great books on campaign generation (my homebrew is on indefinite hiatus as I'm running Eberron right now) and I've heard good things about their 1-on-1 books (I have a group from 4-8 players right now).

That being said, I still find myself periodically buying their products because I know I will make use of them in the future. I will eventually get back to my homebrew and want their books for reference. I will eventually want to run their 1-on-1 adventures. I know they put out quality materials and when I see an opportunity to invest, I do. When someone asks for books in the areas they produce, they are among the first ones I recommend.

Rhuvein

First Post
Yep, count me in as a new huge fan of ERP! I just received my Pod-Caverns of The Sinister Shroom module and was blown away by the excellent production! :cool:

The note w/the shipment was a 1st class touch. ;)

Remove ads