• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Experience with Rackhan's AT-43?

Teneb

Explorer
I enjoy the world of WH40k but I'm not good/too slow at painting minis, plus GW prices are a little higher than I'd like. I saw at FFG's website today that they have a sale on for Rackham's AT-43 wargame which uses pre-painted plastic figs, which seems ideal for me. Anyone have experience with this game they could share? (and if you're a fellow Minnesotan, bonus!)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I haven't played the game, but I've bought a few of the minis- I think they're perfect for use in almost any sci-fi/supers RPG.

Teneb

Explorer
Thanks to both of you. I'd already read through the info on Rackham's site - I think it's really nice they have the basic rules up for free. Seems like a nice, simple and streamlined system that still allows for tactical variety.

Thanee

First Post
Best place to get more detailed information is probably the AT-43 forum (linked from the Rackham site).

I have played it only a few times, but here it is pretty much dead at this point (that could very well be mostly based on the fact that the german distributor stopped supporting the product at some point).

AFAIK the game was pretty strong (not WH40K strong, of course) in France and the US mostly. Not sure how that is today. If they are on sale, that doesn't sound too good to me, though. I know that the supply of new stuff for the game has slowed down considerably with Rackham's financial troubles (I havn't followed whether they made it through, but apparantly they have, at least to the point that they still exist).

Basically, what you say sums it up nicely... fast and simple gameplay, but still some tactical variety (from my limited experience probably on a level with what WH40K has to offer, though the variety in units is a lot weaker, obviously; definitely much less tactical than a game like WHFB or Confrontation (3rd Edition; the new Confrontation is essentially the same game as AT-43)).

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads