Planescape Exploded city map of Sigil on Inkarnate

darjr

I crit!
Just stumped upon this. It takes a subscription to "download" the image, which I think is a high resolution one. Not sure.

Sigil Exploded.jpeg

Last edited:

Very nice. Definitely based off of older maps of Sigil - a lot of locations that didn't make it into the 5e release, and none of the new ones (that I can spot at a glance, at least) - but the general layout is the same.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Just stumped upon this. It takes a subscription to "download" the image, which I think is a high resolution one. Not sure.

I do have a subscription. It's 28" at 72 dpi. Wish it were a higher resolution. The original must be much larger with the building tokens they used, but they don't offer that for download.

darjr

I crit!
I do have a subscription. It's 28" at 72 dpi. Wish it were a higher resolution. The original must be much larger with the building tokens they used, but they don't offer that for download.
Do artists there respond to queries? I'd buy one I could print out in sections for the table. Or use in Owlbear.

Quickleaf

Legend

That's a beautiful map! The artist put a lot of care into that.

It reminds me of another one... hang on a sec... yeah this online "waypoint" map of Sigil is crazy:

Same. I think one of the books had it at 2x20 miles, as officially measured by the Harmonium. I'd probably make it even bigger, like 3x30, if I go back to running a PS campaign.
One of the most disappointing things was when they said how big the city was and what it's population was. I'll just ignore 3e's Planar Handbook figure of 250,000 (which is smaller than my hometown, that's a small city) and it's assigned alignment for Sigil, because I think that's crap.

Which is why I like that the 5e version says that the size of Sigil is ambiguous and doesn't matter, and that travel times around the city are whatever you want it to be.

Last edited:

briggart

Adventurer
One of the most disappointing things was when they said how big the city was and what it's population was. I'll just ignore 3e's Planar Handbook figure of 250,000 (which is smaller than my hometown, that's a small city) and it's assigned alignment for Sigil, because I think that's crap.

Which is why I like that the 5e version says that the size of Sigil is ambiguous and doesn't matter, and that travel times around the city are whatever you want it to be.
I had forgotten that the 3e Planar Handbook had Sigil in it.

The numbers I have in mind are from 2e, I'd guess from Guide to Sigil. I think that also had the population to a couple of millions. It was an in-character quote by some NPC, so non sure if they actually ever counted as "canon". But they are reasonably close to how I envision Sigil to be: ~100 sq miles, 3-4 millions people, so they stayed with me.

Remove ads