Explorers of Calemor, Chapter 1: A View from Afar

Mithrilmace

First Post
Srasut follows Rogun's lead and lets his execution axe fly at the crab in front of Talashia. As it leaves my hands, you seem to see two spectral axes also flying at the crabs which Rogun left behind. After the three axes end their flight, Srasut runs into close attack range next to Talashia and drops his Dragon Breath on the newly formed group of crabs.
OOC: If I didn't hit with Corraling Shot I would do the same to the two crabs which Rogun left behind.

OOC: Standard action: Corraling Shot [roll0] v. AC on the crab next to Talashia. Hit: [roll1] damage and make a secondary attack against two targets within five squares of the original target. Secondary attack: target 1: [roll2] target 2:[roll3] v. AC. Hit: [roll4] damage and slide the targets 5 squares to squares adjacent to the original target. (If possible, next to Rogun but not Talashia.)
Move action: next to Talashia
Minor action: drop Dragon Breath on all three crabs Attack: crab 1: [roll5] crab 2: [roll6] crab 3: [roll7] if necessary Rogun: [roll8] v. Reflex. Hit: [roll9] poison damage

OOC: I was not trying to game the roller with those first two posts, I am just still getting used to posting speak and tried to preview the post but then the rolls didn't roll and I tried to fix it... it was a mess

Mithrilmace

First Post
OOC: apparently I am still having trouble with the roller let's try one more time. The primary attack should be [roll0] damage roll [roll1] secondary attack [roll2] [roll3] damage [roll4] Dragon Breath attacks [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] damage [roll9]

Mithrilmace

First Post
OOC: grr... I can't get it to work on this thread (probably tripped some anti-cheating thingy) I will post my rolls on our Talking the Talk thread for this turn.

OOC: EDIT: I tried it there too and it still doesn't work. Help?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia squeaks in alarm and dances back from the crab menacing her as the others rush to her aid. By the time they get there though, her momentary startlement has faded into a much more familiar stormy expression. A combination of anger and anticipation. Her 'I get to blast something now' face.

Her long white hair swirls up around her head, wafting around as if she were suddenly underwater. Wind kicks up sand and grit around her feet and hurls it away in a constant spray, and sparks of lightning begin popping and crackling around her; arcing from leg to waist, arm to shoulder, in ever brighter ribbons of light.

"Don't worry, boys," she says as she extends her hands. "I've got this."

And then there's just the blinding blue-white light, the deafening buzzing noise that shakes one's bones, the sharp smell of ozone, and the creepy tingle over the skin as everyone's hair goes on end.

(Shift 5' back and attack with her elemental blast. Using Elemental Escalation on the unfortunate crab. It adds 1d10 damage and slides it 1 on a hit, which combined with her Mark of Storms means it slides 2. She'll push it back away from her, but keep it within easy melee range of other party members.)

[roll0] vs Reflex for [roll1] plus [roll2] and slide 2.

RMcCall

Explorer
Rogun ignores the crabs attacking him, but makes sure they pay attention to him. He turns his back to aid the sorceress, taking a claw scratch to the back of his ankle. He smashes the shell of Talashia's crab, leaving nothing but a twitching husk in the sand. Elandra tries to strike her crab, but misses.

Srasut switches targets to Elandra's crab, since Talashia's was downed, and his axe cracks straight through its shell. The ghostly axes also kill their targets, leaving the desert eerily silent for a moment. He pauses before using his dragon breath, since there is nothing alive to attack. Talashia's joyful expression is dashed to smithereens when she realizes she doesn't get to attack anything. Her joy quickly returns, however.

Two more crabs emerge from the sands, bigger than the previous assailants. One leaps towards Rogun, but Talashia is still ready with her spell. The poor creatures staggers backwards, still near enough Rogun for him to attack, and when the dust dies down, he can see that it has been severely wounded. The crab switches targets then, leaping suddenly in between Rogun and Talashia, latching onto her torso with its claws. She can see it start to extend pincers from where its mouth must be.

The other crab comes up behind Srasut, with malice in its eye stalks. The dragon man is quick, though, and the crab leaps through the air with nothing to hit but more sand. It turns around and clacks its claws, threatening Srasut.

Rogun takes 4 damage from the crab's opportunity attack. He reduces the crab on Talashia to 0 HP.
Srasut reduces the remaining three crabs to 0 HP.
Talashia will ready her action to use against the crab that attacks Rogun as above. She takes 11 damage from the crab. It is now adjacent to both Talashia and Rogun, though you are not flanking it. The second crab is adjacent to Srasut, with Elandra standing nearby but not adjacent.

Mithrilmace

First Post
As the crab misses Srasut the spirits which give him protection, lash out and strike the crab and push it back away from him.
OOC: Immediate Reaction: Spirit's Rebuke deal [roll0] and slide the target one square

Srasut throws his execution axe at the crab he just damaged. The axe strikes home and a phantasmal swarm of flies flies from the point of impact, distracting the crab from devoting his energies to attacking the group. Srasut then moves away from the crab to prevent put a bit of distance between himself and the crab.
OOC: Standard Action: Biting Swarm: [roll1] Hit: [roll2] damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of my next turn
Move Action: move three squares away from the crab.
Minor action: monster knowledge check: [roll3] Nature

RMcCall

Explorer
Srasut's spirits make the crab retreat, but his axe does not find its mark before returning to his hands. He remembers that desert crabs are omnivorous, eating anything they can find, including hapless travelers. He also recalls that their outer shells are a lot tougher than their underbellies.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Can I get a refreshed map? Lookin' at my burst effects here, and need to position it right. Some of the crabsies and allies have moved since the last map there)

Remove ads