D&D 5E Extra Attack Questions

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
didn't your teacher ever tell you go look up something in the dictionary rather than just hand you the answer? i don't see how i was being snide.

If you want to discuss it - take it to e-mail or private message. Don't argue with moderation in-thread, please.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
sort of hypocritical considering he used the thread to call me out on it. the infraction would have served the same purpose.

You agreed to the the rules when you joined. That includes how to deal with moderation. If you no longer agree with the rules, you're welcome to look for somewhere with rules you do agree with. In the meantime, take moderation discussion to PM, please. And please do not post in this thread again; it has already been derailed enough.

Antz7766

First Post
Found it:

Bonus Action Spell:You can't cast another non-cantrip CT1 spell but nothing prevent you from having already cast one right? If you've already cast a spell of 1st level or higher on your turn, you can't cast a bonus action spell on that turn. -J

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/conten...rs-Mearls-Crawford#.VHUhADHF--Y#ixzz3K8ACwCka

I guess it depends on how you interpret it. Some may read it only specifies Bonus Action, so a full normal Action isn't limited. But the way I read that it implies you can't cast any other spell that requires a spell slot on the same turn you've already casted one.

EDIT: typo

guachi

Hero
To the original poster: If you are curious why a fighter at level can make 4 attacks in one round and a caster can still cast only one spell it's basically because any one attack from the fighter isn't considerably better at level 20 than at level 1. So instead of doing one thing each round and doing it better he does the same thing just more often. The spell caster, on the other hand, casts one spell but it just does a lot more damage.

Remove ads