• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes Of The Lich Queen

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ari shrugs, and leans back. "I can always kill time. Shopping, entertainment. There was a tourney of some sort last time; maybe its restarted."

OOC: Do we have a gp split from the loot somewhere? Ari's no good a research.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sur'Kil smiles as the group comes to an agreement. "Very good. I'll get started right away. Come back here in 48 hours and I'll have answers, either good or bad. I'll also have some of our men and women start in on these..." he motions to the two relics. "If they are what I think they are, I'll have the 500 for each of you later on today."

With that, he bids the group good health and sees to it that you are taken care of as you each prepare to leave.

Word comes back later on that indeed, the two relics are of high power and important antiquity, and thus the 3000 agreed upon price is paid out. Couple this with the 1500 gold that Jango negotiated for the selling of the other items, the gold taken from the dragon hoard, plus the three weeks of payment and expenses you were each owed for the job... each of the six of you take home 2000 gold apiece, plus remain on Sur'Kil's retainer for further service.

With that... everyone has two days to do whatever they feel they need to do before coming back. The group hears through the grapevine that Aern has left town... or maybe is still in town just under another guise. You've never really gotten a full idea of what exactly he was here for, but it doesn't matter in any case. Jina also tells Jango that now that she knows her brother is all right, she feels like she needs to let your parents know that everything is okay. She bids the group farewell and returns home to Seawell.

The rest of you are free to go about whatever business you feel like attending to.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The hexer spends the next few days away from the others, working out his aggression. He's been restive since his first meeting with the dragon, and the growth of his mark has him a bit of balance even if he thinks he controls it. Its only when he's doing something does the weight put on him disappear.

Ari went to the Deneith stronghold first, looking for any signs of local competitions or such. He wasn't looking for work, of course, just time to kill. He stayed far from the Flamist's Church, especially considering how we felt about the dead Elder. Barring that, the hexer wanders the city, a growing sense of restlessness gnawing at him.

OOC: Ari will get some potions of cure moderate, and save the rest as bank notes.

drothgery

First Post
Khalia returned briefly to Newthorne to pay her respects to the Elder. They had never seen eye to eye, but a Church Elder was a Church Elder. There were forms to follow. If she had been a bit perfuntory in fufilling her obligations, well, she had hardly known the man.

She did not stay in town long; she purchased a hat and a small stash of cosmetics, then used both of her purchases to help conceal her mark for the time being. And then she returned to aid the dragon. Sur'kil's associates had their skills, but they were not trained by her father and the Flame's Archivists Order. They could do many things better than she could, but research was not one of them.

jkason

First Post
Brother Donovan, warpriestly human cleric

Donovan, too, pays his respects to the elder. He finds himself saddened by the madness which took what was surely once a strong man of faith. After making some purchases to prepare himself physically for the journey ahead, Donovan throws himself into his work, reconnecting as much as he can with his old neighborhood, checking in on his charges, and strengthening his soul by reminding himself why it is he fights for the Flame.

[sblock=OOC]Pending approval, he'll buy a Cloak of Resistance +1 and a flask of Silversheen with his earnings.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Jango will pass the first day with his sister before she leaves and will also buy a Mithral Buckler. The next days, he will give help to Sur'Kil in his research.

Mista Collins

First Post
Glad to be back in the city, Rogan spends the days on the streets trying to find what information he can on all matters of topics. He will try and focus some of his efforts on the ir'Marellan woman. other than whatever gold is needed to get the information he comes across, the Daggerspell Guardian decides to hang out to the rest for future spending.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
For the entire group, the two days go by rather quickly. It is amazing how fast time flies when you are in a bustling city. With places to go and things to see and do, the hours rush by. Fortunately, each of the group accomplishes the tasks they set out to do.

Brother Donovan purchases the cloak and the silversheen he wanted, and is able to reconnect with many of his parishioners. The time is well spent and he feels reconnected with his soul. (Gain Cloak of Resistance +1, a flask of silversheen, and the Cause Fear 1/day Least Aberrant Dragonmark feat)

Rogan begins casing the streets and bars, hoping to find information on Dura ir'Marellan. For the most part he gets nothing, other than the name is from a noble family line in Karrnath. The family is rumored to be extremely religious and self-righteous. Other than that, he earns a nice chunk of change playing Three Dragon Ante back at the Guardian compound. (Gain 50 gp and the Dimension Leap 1/day Least Orien Dragonmark)

Jango and Jina spend a day together preparing the girl for her travel back to Seawell. When she leaves, Jango sets out and buys a new shield, and as the day progresses, he notices that his constellation mark is in fact slightly different than it was before... the design has grown ever-so-slightly in size. Perhaps he in fact was affected by the altar like everyone else after all? (Gain Mithril Buckler and 1 extra Prophetic Favor per day)

Ari finds that there are no tourneys going on in town at the moment, however there are daily workouts and duels at the Deneith guildhall to participate in. He is able to work up a very good sweat both days, and it is on the second day that he also notices an ever-so-subtle additional change to his mark. Apparently he was affected by the altar too, but nowhere near to the same degree the others were... probably because he already had been marked, and had gone through a much more severe change as a Child of Khyber. (Gain 2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds and 1 additional use of Least Aberrant Dragonmark per day)

Khalia goes through all the formalities necessary at the Flame temple for the Elder, then goes on a bit of a shopping spree. Following that, she returns to the Guardian compound to assist Sur'Kil with his research, and her contacts with her father back home open up some avenues that make Sur'Kil's discoveries more enlightening. Without her help, he might not have discovered what he does. (Gain a new hat and cosmetics, and gain the Shield 1/day Least Aberrant Dragonmark)

At the end of the two days, everyone returns to the compound. In the same meeting room as before, the party sits with the Valenar elf and a few others of the order to discuss what it is they all found. Sur'Kil stands at the head of the table and looks out over the rest of you.

"In the course of my research... so gratefully assisted by Miss ir'Indari... I have uncovered what I was looking for. I unearthed a tale about a group of explorers of the Q'Barran peninsula. Five of the members of this group were said to have all simultaneously developed the so-called aberrant dragonmarks in the course of an expedition. Such an event would be rare enough, but one true dragonmarked among their number claimed to see her mark change in shape at about the same time."

Ari and Jango mention during the meeting that their current marks have indeed gone through a similar change like the woman experienced... and thus all the members of the group who had been down below in the chamber of the Altar of the Dragon's Eye have experienced its draconic transformative magic.

"I have determined that this group of explorers were led by one named Jheamast, a Sarlonan. No direct account hints at Jheamast or his band having visited the Temple of Kha'shazul, but the congruence of his party's manifesting the same strange marks that you have manifested seems clear."

"Jheamast was said to have sought a weapon for use against some foe in his homeland of Sarlona. It is my belief that he must have claimed the missing relic and/or the Dragon's Eye from the Temple of Kha'shazul prior to your arrival. More than a thousand years prior, to be precise. If you are amenable, I would like to procure your services for another few weeks. I will increase your wages, providing you with an additional 500 gold pieces each."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I think you meant Least Dragonmark, and not lesser.

"Sarlona? Isn't it the old continent of the human, now ruled by some psychic rulers? All I have heard it is there border is closed, but I am not very familiar with that continent." asks Jango.

Remove ads