[EZ Q] Adding Vampire Template

Azure Trance

First Post
I think I already know the answer, but may as well ask just to make sure. If a creature that has a sizable bonus to their level HP from high CON gets afflicted with a vampire template, which shifts all of it's HDs to D12 and nerfs the CON to 0, it will lose all of said CON hp bonuses even if the total result of the new hp is much less then what it was during life.

Does that quite make sense? I'd figure it should be at least as powerful as it was while it was living.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Azure Trance said:
I think I already know the answer, but may as well ask just to make sure. If a creature that has a sizable bonus to their level HP from high CON gets afflicted with a vampire template, which shifts all of it's HDs to D12 and nerfs the CON to 0, it will lose all of said CON hp bonuses even if the total result of the new hp is much less then what it was during life.

Does that quite make sense? I'd figure it should be at least as powerful as it was while it was living.
That does make sense. The creature gains fast healing... that should make up for the lack of Con-bonus, and depending on circumstances might even be better.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Steve Jung said:
The +6 bonus to natural armor also helps lessen the blow of losing any Con bonus. (pun intended) ;)
Yes, it grants damage reduction 1/- if you're using the UA rules for "armor as damage reduction" :D

shilsen

Adventurer
Don't forget the immunity to criticals and sneak attacks, and the energy resistances. Those qualities can end up preventing a lot of hit point loss.

Remove ads