• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fading Suns/Iron Lords of Jupiter

aurin777

First Post
Hey there! Recently I have been thinking of cooking up a fading suns game and I was thinking of somehow incorporating Iron Lords of Jupiter into it. I did not recieve my issue 101 (damn you Paizo!) so I have no idea what that Poly game contained, but after reading 102 and seeing the "how to create an alien world" definitely got me stoked to get into fantasy. I know I jump around with game ideas a lot, from WoT to Fading Suns to WWII and I do all the prep work then never play, but I'm hoping this one will be different! Can any of you tell me a little about Iron Lords of Jupiter and if anyone is running a fading suns game, can you tell me a bit about what you've done? Thanks a lot!

~~Brandon (who now has internet again after five months without)

Mechanically, I don't know how well they'd work together. I'm not terribly familiar with Fading Suns d20, but Iron Lords is based on d20 Modern, so it won't use regular classes like other d20 games.

Stylistically, I'm sure you could borrow back and forth quite a bit on some details, but Iron Lords is very much the Edgar Rice Burroughs like "planetary romance" while Fading Suns is kind like Dune or WH40k in terms of being "space fantasy punk" which are worlds apart.

aurin777

First Post
Hmm, I suppose you are right (after I finally got the ILoJ article and read it) - the d20 modern thing never bothered me since I would just run the d20 system either way because the fading suns books are all based on it (and victory point, which is a rediculous system). I'm suprised that -no one- here in all of EnWorld actually plays Fading Suns :) its something I have always been interested in and would like to play. I know a bit about the setting, but I feel that before I would be able to run a game I would first need to see it actually ran and get the "feel" of it before I could run a campaign myself.
~~Brandon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads