• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Fame and Honor, reception?

kpazzh0ly

First Post
Finally started reading into fame, honor, contacts and relationships. I have been GMing for over a year now with Pathfinder and most of the players were new to the system so I wanted to use the basic core rulebook.

Now I am creating my own world and these systems seems would fit in on what I am creating. My questions are
1) What are the experiences you have with the above campaign systems?
2) Has anyone felt that it slows down the game, or if it's too much for players to keep track of?
3) Finally, would you think it would be fair if I removed feats while using these systems?

I am going for a low magic and a more old school feel to the setting.

Thank you for views and replies.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Anything can be too much to keep track of, that really all depends on you and your players. What is too much to keep track of for one group might be easily accommodated by another. While I don't specifically use the Pathfinder subsystems you mentioned, as the creator of the Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG), we invented our own honor and karma subsystem for the setting (these were created up to 2 years before Paizo released their versions of honor, for example). Any time you add an extra layer of record keeping, it does add to the complexity of running your character, and so it could be too much for your players, or it might be just fine. Again it depends upon your group. For Kaidan, the karma system is necessary as part of the setting's reincarnation mechanic - if you don't keep track of your karma score it is impossible to determine what you will reincarnate into at PC death.

I find adding only a few subsystems record keeping isn't difficult to work with, though you'll want to minimize how much extra layers of records are necessary for your game.

Remove ads