• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Familiar

Velmont

First Post
As the rules are not in the compendium, I cannot access this information for the moment, so if someone could tell me:

Does a familiar occupied a square?

A Shaman in one of my game try to summon a Spirit in a square actually occupied by an invisible familiar, and I'm not sure if it could work or not.

Klaus

First Post
No. There's a power/ritual/something that lets your familiar occupy a square, but usually a familiar doesn't occupy a square.

spayne

First Post
The rules do not specifically say whether it occupies a square or not. They say that it takes up the space of a Tiny creature. I believe that means it occupies the square. There is an item, the Familiar's Cowl that says "Your familiar gains cover against larger creatures whose space it occupies", so that is more evidence that the familiar is occupying a square.

Klaus

First Post
A Tiny creature does not take up a space. It can enter the squares occupied by larger creatures (incurring the normal opportunity attacks for doing so).

The above item means that if the familiar enters a square occupied by a creature larger than itself, the familiar gains cover against that creature.

Remove ads